RC Helicopters

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
I've wanted one for awhile, but I can see spending hundreds of dollars on one because its basically just a toy. I just want something I can pull out of the closet and go outside and fly it whenever I want. I've been looking at these little electric ones. They seem pretty cool. Has anyone used one of them before, if so how did you like it? Anyother suggestions on which one would be nice is welcome but it must be electric because I dont feel like dealing with all of the gas stuff.

wildwheelshelicopter4.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Not very easy to land. My neighbor bought one for his son and it was trashed a few hours later. He practiced touch and goes for awhile before taking it for a spin. It didn't last long. We run buggy's and stadium trucks at the local track. Much better then the air stuff.

Mayhem.jpg

Attachments

• Mayhem.jpg
    Mayhem.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 76
I've done the RC Cars before, but never got into dirt. I have a 1:12th, 1:10th, and a legends car sitting in the trailer out back that me and my dad used to race at state events. Ended up getting 2nd place in the A main for 1:12th scale the last year I was racing, and I was the youngest one there not even in my teens :D

Cars are fun, but there isnt anywhere where I live to drive one besides in the yard, but that isnt any fun. I wanted the helicopter because you dont need much space to fly it, and airplanes were fun to fly when my dad had one.

Let me show you one of my inventions. The Mayhem I posted above kept bending the aluminum subframes that run through the car (front and year) on jumps. There also a pain to change.

After fixing this twice I came up with this- Two Craftsman 3/8 wrenches. I traced the stock aluminum one over the wrench with a sharpie. Drilled the holes and grinded it down to fit. Never had a problem again.

RCwrenches.jpg

RCwrenches1.jpg

RCwrenches2.jpg

RCwrenches3.jpg

RCwrenches4.jpg

Attachments

• RCwrenches.jpg
    RCwrenches.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 69
  • RCwrenches1.jpg
    RCwrenches1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 74
  • RCwrenches2.jpg
    RCwrenches2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 102
  • RCwrenches3.jpg
    RCwrenches3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 82
  • RCwrenches4.jpg
    RCwrenches4.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 81
I used to fly the RC planes back a few years ago and was always interested in the helicopters. if I was to spend that much I would make sure that I would get the one with the blades that rotate on their axis so you can fly upside down.

i had my dad's friend give me 2 gas ones, very expensive, because he couldent get them to fly...one has a small nitro engine, one is really big (about 4-5') and has almost a weedwacker engine.....But i'd be damned if i can fly the thing lol, i had tried, and it would just spin around..... so its been sitting in my attic for years.

rustang94 said:
how about this Helicopter http://media.putfile.com/Jet-Cat-3
$10.000

No wonder .... it has a turbine engine (jet). No thank you. Way too expensive.

I have a nitro truck (Hummer). It has a 2.5 engine that I run 30% nitro in. It's 4x4 & will run 65+ mph (and it gets there in like 1.7 seconds, lol.) I love it .... I can't wait 'til the weather permits running it again. I just rebuilt the transmission (2 speed + reverse). I was running it on the beach & the "peep-hole" opened up. Needless to say, the tranny filled with sand is not good. I had to replace several gears.

Joe, I'm kinda confused on what you did. Did you actually use the wrenches? Or just use them for templates?