Rear Axle Whine Survey

dhavi4226

May 17, 2005
How has anyone with this condition made out with TSB 05-20-2.
Had mine done and ended up with a new noise and what feels like a drive line vibration. It's back in the Dealer shop today.
05 Satin Silver

• Sponsors (?)

dhavi4226 said:
How has anyone with this condition made out with TSB 05-20-2.
Had mine done and ended up with a new noise and what feels like a drive line vibration. It's back in the Dealer shop today.
05 Satin Silver
i tried to drop it off 3 times in 2 days, but they kept being "silly" about it, so i never dropped it off. i am finding a new dealership to go to. ill let you know what happens at the new dealership....

All you have to do is bring it to the dealer with your complaint documented and include a copy of the TSB.
If they dismiss your claim, it is documented that you had a problem at "x" miles on "y" date and were well within the limits of the warranty period. If you have a failure down the road when the vehicle is out of warranty - you have legal recourse that the dealership and Ford Motor Company cannot deny. They will service the vehicle at that time and most likely fully covered under the warranty that existed at the time of the initial claim..

It's worked for me...

A TSB is a Technical Service Bulletins which mean if you take your car in for a problem and the Mechanics can't figure it out they refer to these to help them work out the problem. They are not recall notices that is why most dearlship don't bother with people when the bring in there car and say I have a TSB on my car. Note the word Service Bullentin not Recall Bulletin

kerg said:
A TSB is a Technical Service Bulletins which mean if you take your car in for a problem and the Mechanics can't figure it out they refer to these to help them work out the problem. They are not recall notices that is why most dearlship don't bother with people when the bring in there car and say I have a TSB on my car. Note the word Service Bullentin not Recall Bulletin
yes, but if you have this exact problem, and they try to say it is normal, then it comes in handy. it is in no way a garanteed fix, but it helps when the dummy tech is too lazy to look it up himself. they will not just do it for you, you have to have the problems stated in the TSB. if no problems, then no fix. some people try to get stuff done just to do it, but if it aint broke, dont fix it. it is NOT A RECALL, and NOT EVERY CAR NEEDS THIS DONE!!!

I am dealing with this problem and I still have it! I took my GT in for a squawking rear axle when I make slow right or left turns. You have to get the rear end warmed up by driving about 25 miles and then it starts squawking like HELL! the first time I took it in the mechanic rode with me and said he couldn't hear it, I wanted to smack him right in the mouth! they didn't want to do anything..untill i bitched like Hell and they reluctantly agreed to order the clutch packs for the rear end, It took more weeks of waiting and they fianaly installed them and the problem went away for about a week and then came back even worse!!!! I am now going back on monday
to have them look at it again! I am going to bitch and bitch untill itis fixed!

I bought a brand New car and it sounds like a rusty wagon wheel turning back there.

I am going to demand a complete new rear axle from rotor to rotor! then if that doesnt fix it, we are going to replace the entire transmission even if it has nothing to do with the problem, if they dont want to do their job, I will Shotgun it with The most expensive parts on the car....They will fix it or I will kick their asses.!

I had the rear axle whine for nearly a year. Im not sure when it started I know it wasn't there when I got the car, I guess it came on gradually.

Anyways I finally got tired of it and took it in. The ordered the damper kit in accordance with the TSB but it had no noticeable effect, so they ordered a new ring and pinion set.

No more whine, going on 3 weeks.