rear control arm questions

jd-underdog

Feb 8, 2004
Indy
i am thinking about putting some new upper and lower rear control arms on my 93 gt. what is a good brand to get for the money? also i noticed that there are many options fixed or adj. ect. this will primarily be a street car, just wanting it to hhok up better and maybe handle a little better. also is a pan hard a good idea? and would it be easier to put a pan hard in when i do the control arms? also while i am doing my control arms is there anything else i should do while i am down there? sorry about all the questions and thanks for the replys. look at my mods i already have new springs, shocks,

• Sponsors (?)

Wish I could help you out, but I'm actually in the same boat as you.

I am going to go with maximum motorsports as they make top quality stuff. There stuff is quite pricey compared to other brands, but it is worth it.

I am going to go with their whole rear setup eventually, but at first I am just going to get the adjustable lower control arms.

I'de recommend getting rear controls arms with a spherical bearing on the axle side if it's mostly a street car. This will keep the bushings from binding. The MM lower arms have them, if looking for cheaper, get the Pro3i lower arms...they're a rip off of the MM ones. Definately get torque box reinforcements as well.

I'm in a very similar situation too. I've installed tokico illumina struts and shocks and tokico springs. I'm going to install new rear upper and lower control arms and bushings. I've decided to go with the MM non-adjustable lowers and the Ford Racing uppers and bushings that are recommended by MM. I've found a bunch of instruction manuals for installing the lowers but nothing about the uppers. Can anyone give me pointers about installing the upper control arms? Any tips about the lowers would be helpful too. Is there anywhere online where I can find instructions for installing the uppers?

Also, I hadn't heard anything about torque box reinforcements...where is a good place to purchase them? Why exactly are they needed? Thanks.

I have Pro3i u/lca's on my 88 and also had them on my 99. Tightens up the rear and transmits very little road noise. Torque box reinforcement would be ideal at the time of installation but if you don't drag or road race it's not a necessity.

Check out www.teamzmotorsports.net might be a little more then what you need but they arms are top notch and allow for a lot of adjustment, this is the ulitmate set-up. I'd also look at the JD's adjustable uppers and Adjsutable lowers, they will be perfect for a street car and still allow some adjustment.

TQ box enforcements are needed since the factory only spot welds the factory boxes and and they tend to pull away from the body and twist with a good arm that doesn't have deflection like the stock control arm and rubber bushing. The TQ box is located right were the front body side mount is on the lower control arm, if you look up into the pocket where the head of the lower control arm bolt is your looking at the TQ box.
Check out my sig for more info..

Team_Z_Kit-635x357.jpg