Rear Gear HELP!!!!

So I have a question. I was told that the '07 I had was equipped with the 3.73 gears. It was much quicker off the line than most 05-08 Mustangs. However, I just picked up a new 2010 and the 3.73 gears were added on the sticker as an option. But, the two do not drive the same. The '07 had a tuner and cat back exhaust and supposedly the 3.73 gears. First gear was much "shorter" on the '07. I didn't use it half of the time. The 2010 is not as this way, or at least not as much. Also, the '07 made noise in the differential area, but the mechanics said there were no problems. Could the gears have been different? I hear the 4.10s sometimes make noise like I was hearing.

• Sponsors (?)

So I have a question. I was told that the '07 I had was equipped with the 3.73 gears. It was much quicker off the line than most 05-08 Mustangs. However, I just picked up a new 2010 and the 3.73 gears were added on the sticker as an option. But, the two do not drive the same. The '07 had a tuner and cat back exhaust and supposedly the 3.73 gears. First gear was much "shorter" on the '07. I didn't use it half of the time. The 2010 is not as this way, or at least not as much. Also, the '07 made noise in the differential area, but the mechanics said there were no problems. Could the gears have been different? I hear the 4.10s sometimes make noise like I was hearing.
What were the tire sizes on the 07 and what are the on the 2010? Different tire sizes will affect the gearing. If the gear stall is not done correctly all gears will whine. You probably hear about 4.10 noise issue because they are one of the most popular aftermarket gears. I have FRPP 4.10s and mine are quiet. I had excellent installers. They really took their time and made sure everything was perfect.

im just curious about the people that have these major traction issues with the 410s. my car has 410s and only blows the tires off if i snap the clutch. so are you guys that have these traction problems just lacking driving skill? i can launch mine quick with hardly any tire spin and only chirps between gear shifts. dont be scared of the 410s hardly changed mileage on my car at all and not a pain to drive at all.

Good point gman. The old car has the stock 17" wheels and the 2010 has 19". I pulled up the sticker on the old GT. Wow how times have changed in three years. The sticker was $7K less for a GT Premium in '07!

im just curious about the people that have these major traction issues with the 410s. my car has 410s and only blows the tires off if i snap the clutch. so are you guys that have these traction problems just lacking driving skill? i can launch mine quick with hardly any tire spin and only chirps between gear shifts. dont be scared of the 410s hardly changed mileage on my car at all and not a pain to drive at all.

WHEN MY 2010 GT JUST HAD THE 4.10'S, HEADERS, CATLESS X-PIPE, COLD AIR AND TUNE ANYTIME I MATTED THE GAS IN 1ST GEAR I WOULD TURN MY 295-35 18'S OR MY STOCK 19" 255'S INTO A REV-LIMITER-FUN SMOKESHOW.. HOWEVER ONCE I DID THE WHOLE REAR SUSPENSION (3RD LINK, PANHARD BAR, LOWER CONTROL ARMS AND TRACTION-RELOCATION BRACKETS) THIS WAS MUCH, MUCH HARDER TO DO. HOWEVER, NOW MY CAR HAS A V3 INTERCOOLED BLOWER ON IT, SO 4.10'S AND STREET TIRES WOULD MAKE 1ST GEAR UNUSABLE AT W.O.T. ON THE STREET OR TRACK. I love the fun and better throttle response of 4.10's, but it's just when U keep stepping up the RWHP you find the torque multiplication of the shorter gears to be a downfall, power that doesn't get to the ground doesn't do you any good!!