RearEnd Gears

• Sponsors (?)

I am getting ready to install 4.10s in my 01 cobra but thats because I am n.a. if I was blown I would stay with the 3.55s The gears will run you around 150.00 plus install kit and oils and if you pay for the install locally they want 388.00.I plan on doing the install myself and I can tell you it has to be perfect.you have a runnout of no more than .003 on the ring gear and the backlash is between .008 and .013 along with the wear pattern meshing right!if it is not perfect you will lock it up or it will whine and wear quickly.This will be my first try and I am a mechanic/tech and it makes me a little nervous.also you must fix you speed with either a chip,tuner,or speed-cal.You could take that 600.00 plus and use it for better performance mods since you already have a supercharger....did'nt mean to blab just my opinion

I love my 4:10's. If I had a six speed, I would probably go higher, but that is just me. I didn't buy this car to sit behind old people who won't even go the speed limit. But your car is a little different than mine. to say the least. With my 5 speed, I constantly look for the missing sixth gear when around 75 mph and up. and I still get 220 miles out of a 3\4 of tank of gas, mainly due to traffic and my heavy foot. good luck