Rearend Swap info - FAQ

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by blascrw, Aug 24, 2006.

1. I would also like to get some more information on the 8.8 rear end. Make, model, year and their widths, which have discs, gear ratios etc.
  2. Thats amazing, nobody on this forum knows how long the 8 inch 28 spline axles for a mustang -66 are.
  3. The answer to your second question is on the first page of this thread. I don't know the answer to your second. I could have measured some axles directly, but they got thrown away earlier this year(severely rusted from a flooded outbuilding).
  4. Thanks. Sorry missed that info when i read the first page.
  5. i just did the explorer swap.did'nt care for the offset so i cut the long side off and got another short axle for it.worked out nice now all i need is wheels! it came from a 95 model with 3.73 ls and disk brakes.i took
  6. A fox 8.8 rear end is the same width as a 67 Mustang rear end. We are developing a bolt-in rear sub-frame that will let you bolt-in the 8.8 from a fox.
  7. If I wanted to keep my 8" in my 66 and also change it to 3:55's and add a posi, where would I get the posi and which one is a good one?
  8. Eaton Trac-loc. is what I put in my 9". pretty sure they make one for you 8" as well.
  9. check out