Rebuilding the electrical system which parts should I look at?

ryan7662

Sep 15, 2007
Hi I'm getting close to the end(knock on wood) of doing a total rebuild and a mild 351w swap on my 95 gt. It had 250k+ miles on it and it was my first car and I made a few mistakes at first when I didn't know much about working on cars. I can remember one major episode when I was messing with the cig lighters wires where I accidently crossed the positive to negative and I heard some weird electrical noises and my instrument cluster went crazy. There were a few other times where I accidently grounded out some wires and had a few shorts. I'm pretty sure that my pcm suffered some damage since my cars electrical system ran a little funny. I figure just to be safe I'll go ahead and change the pcm it's only $90 at autozone I'm going to be installing a quarterhorse so I want a good pcm to be able to tune. I bought a new ignition control module already so that's already taken care of. The only other thing I can think of is the relay control module that's mounted on the overflow reservoir. I don't have the motor in yet is there a way I can check the ccrm without the engine running and is it as sensitive as the pcm? Am I missing any other critical electrical component that could've been damaged by the shorts? Thanks for any help on this

• Sponsors (?)