Recall 08C02--434,593 vehicles affected

I dont know about everyone else but I have a pretty good relationship with my dealer and I would just return the car back to the factory tune at the dealership and when they were done I would re-flash the computer back to the tune. And in reply to Sparty92 when you take your car into the dealership they can note you have changed items from the factory and hence mess up your warranty later down the road if something were to go wrong related with that item.

• Sponsors (?)

my car is effected sucks.

so do we know for a fact it will not effect our tunes??

of course ill tell the dealer not to touch my ECM ..

and yeah they were naggin me about my warranity before on ****.

their so gay.

FYI,

Alot of people are asking why our dealers are tight asses or why we return to stock tunes. There's a perfectly good explanation and it's really not because the dealers are tight azzes:

If the dealer reflashes ECU or PCM, your strategy code no longer matches. This is the first problem. Your SCT now needs to go back to SCT to be rematched with new PCM code before you can use again.

For those of us that insert a valet tune (so the dealers personnel cannot beat on your supercharged car while servicing soething simple like a recall), we now cannot put the performance tune back in because the SCT comes up as unknown. You are now stuck with a car that is driveability limited until you can send out and receive back, your SCT.

Many dealers could care less about the performance parts. Those of us with dealers like that are very fortunate. I'm one of those people myself. However, I don't trust any techs, and therefore I insert my valet tune if I ever have to go to the dealer. For these instances, I inform the service manager to not reflash, and as Dark mentioned, I place a Sticky note on the dash as well as over the diagnostic port, just so I don't get held up for 7 to 10 business days waiting for my SCT to be rematched..

In my case it's not an issue of removing parts at all, for others it is.

xt, I'm hoping big cat's correct and it doesn't. Dark hints that Brenspeed was simply being causcious, but I have yet to see 100% confirmation that it does not.. I'll be on the phone with Brent today hoping for solid confirmation..

Just got off the phone with Dave over at Brenspeed. He confirmed the restraint and safety sytems ride an entirely different computer system..

He followed it up with, "pull your strtegy code via the SCT before going in, tell the service manager to not reflash the PCM period no questions asked. If they do, the car will not start at all."

Lastly, he said if you are a Brenspeed customer, he can fix any issue via email. Sending of the SCT is unnecessary now.

So, he was confident, this is unaffecting, but said to be careful and clear in what you tell your service writer.

Had mine done yesterday, along with a regular checkup. They didn't touch my Bama tune at all, it worked as fine going in as it did coming out.

I would think as long as you tell them not to touch the PCM, you should be fine.

According to the recall, the concern only applies to an “unbelted” passenger in the front seat. As long as your front seat passengers use their seatbelt, I don’t think you need to do the recall. The seatbelt system must somehow communicate with the airbag deployment system.

There's really no letter stating that your vehicle has been fixed. If you have not received a recall mailer, take your car to an authorized Ford service department and they will enter your VIN into their system; it should come back that your car needs the TSB repair. After they upgrade your RCM and you pick up your car the service receipt will clearly state that your RCM has been updated with the new firmware.

BTW, they do not touch your PCM programming so you don't have to re-tune your PCM to stock.

my recall states that it is only "unbelted" passengers in the front seat. which says to me that if I have all of my passengers use the seat belt (I do that anyway or my dashboard dings), I don't have them sitting with their chin on the dashboard, and I don't hit stuff I'll be fine.