Recalls

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
Just wondering ...... what are all the different recalls for '94-'95's?

So far I have these:

Hood Seperation
E-Brake Control Assembly
Cooling Fan Breaker
Tie Rod Ends (not really sure if that was one, though)

Anything else?

• Sponsors (?)

I think there were also campaigns for air bag somethings (inflators?) and something with seats (power connectors I think).

Would you mind if folks posted pics of the recalled items (where noticable, like with the hood and fan CB)? For instance, there's been fiberglass work done on the underside of my hood, but I dont have holes like I've seen people post about.

Aaron, AFAIK, they have to honor a recall indefinately. They will tell ya differently if you call or show up but I think they're required to fix the item, so long as that part of the car isnt hideously modified (where they could otherwise use the modification as an excuse for failure instead of the recall component in and of itself).

Others can confirm this and/or share more info.

Yeah I think JT is right. They have to fix it. Some how they find out if a person sells teh car and gets the new owners address. After I got me car I got the notice for the e-brake thing and had it fixed. Didn't cost me a dime but cost ford the price of a new center console they ripped the rubber piece where the e-brake comes out and you can't really replace just that so they had to buy me a whole console.

It is best to check by vin # because many cars will have different things recalled depending on production date. If your car was made after they caught something there may not be a recall on it. This is the case with mine because my car was made late in the year. Funny things is, I still had problems with the e-brake, tie rods, and fan :nonono:

Sure enough, my car DOES require the three above mentioned recalls, and it's headed in tomorrow for a few days to get sorted out. Unfortunately, they're going to tear the inside of my hood to peices and i'm going to require something pretty to put in it's place...:nonono:

I have a buddy that works at the ford dealer and he said that he will inspect my hood and say it needs to be replaced. My clearcoat id peeling off in a HUGE spot so a new freshly painted hood is GREAT.