Remember that 68 fastback with a peiced together 66 front end I almost bought?

DarkoStoj

Founding Member
Sep 4, 2002
Detroit
looks like it got sold, and I didn't read anything about a different year front end in the ad.

and that really PISSES me off. Ok its understandable for some crazy reason that the guy didn't know it had a 65-66 front end when he sold it to me with mis matching vin #'s (even though he had a torched up radiator support hidden in the corner of his garage)

But after I pointed EVERYTHING out to him and described it, it seems like that he is going to take advantage of someone else.

And I was going to trade my perfect coupe for it. :notnice:

http://www.superstallions.com/forum/tm.asp?m=67005&mpage=1&key=&#67093

• Sponsors (?)

OK, you hooked me! What's it look like? Got any pics? That's pretty jacked up! Hate to be the dude who bought it. Wonder if he "always wanted a Mustang" and bought the first POS with a shiny paint job, or knew exactly what he was getting into. $4,000 sez no!

slepe67 said:
OK, you hooked me! What's it look like? Got any pics? That's pretty jacked up! Hate to be the dude who bought it. Wonder if he "always wanted a Mustang" and bought the first POS with a shiny paint job, or knew exactly what he was getting into. $4,000 sez no!

MVC-346F.JPG

MVC-365F.JPG

MVC-366F.JPG

MVC-367F.JPG

MVC-368F.JPG

MVC-369F.JPG

MVC-370F.JPG

MVC-371F.JPG

MVC-379F.JPG

MVC-380F.JPG

I just picked up another hack job. The left side rear quarter panel is a '68 with side marker, the right side rear quarter panel is a '67 without side marker. This is one car that was really butchered.

Tim

the guy just edited his reply. After my first reply he replied with this

First I don't know of any problems,and who knows if what you said is true.You came looking to me for a car,not the other way around.The buyer was very happy with the car as a project and bought it for a fair price.I don't wish you any ill will,but I don't appreciate you hijacking my thread.Just because you didn't like the car,and it wasn't up to your expectations don't knock it.I bought the car the way it sat in my garage and that is that.

and after my 2nd reply, and ronstang's reply he edited his post to just say

68rustang said:
It is good you didn't trade your perfectly good coupe for that thing. How did he explain the bastard front clip?

he didnt even explain it, he just said he didn't know anything about cars and it was like that when he bought it. He also said that a #'s matching car didn't matter to him (fender apron, and dash vin #'s)

I'm pissed, him and his "mechanic" buddy came and looked at my car; and he was trying to make it sound like my car had just as much work to finish as his :notnice:

my 67 is a origional sheet metal rust free cali car thats been restored and all it needs is a motor/trans

68rustang said:
I was just looking at your pics a little closer. It looks like the front fender is welded at the rocker panel, and the rear quarter has some serious issues where it meets the rocker. Interesting car.

also look at the shock end caps (forgot the name), firewall, and braces... all from a 64-66

I was hoping you would bring this thread back after the crash. If you recall I pointed out the fender being bondo'd to the rocker and the shock tower/export brace issues. Anyway, I was looking through my reference binder I've made for myself and checked measurements between the cars. The 64-66 front end is 2.1 inches narrower than the 67-68 front end. If you look, he has wide rims on the front and narrow rims on the back to hide this. Just another major problem for the new owner to deal with.

The mismatched braces and master cylinder are obviously fixable but the structural stuff just gives me the creeps. I can easily imagine that it will be impossible to align correctly. If the same care was put into the welding as was put into matching the correct panels, I can only assume that the car would fold up like a soft taco under even mild street use. :nonono:

I will give the guy some credit. It is surprising that he was able to fit front fenders that well. :rlaugh:

Yeah bro, that's too bad there's some low life out there, putting out a crap product, and feeding on weak prey who don't know any better than "I really wish I had a fastback". Heckuva way to make (rob) a paycheck...I gotta go to body school:) :nonono:

DarkoStoj said:
he didnt even explain it, he just said he didn't know anything about cars and it was like that when he bought it. He also said that a #'s matching car didn't matter to him (fender apron, and dash vin #'s)

I'm pissed, him and his "mechanic" buddy came and looked at my car; and he was trying to make it sound like my car had just as much work to finish as his :notnice:

my 67 is a origional sheet metal rust free cali car thats been restored and all it needs is a motor/trans

Darko, "mechanic buddy" here. Technically I'm an engine builder, but thanks anyway.

Firstly you have never driven your car, this is what you told me. So you have no idea whether or not things work properly or whether or not the car is even road worthy. The guy you bought it from had it sitting for 5 years and now 2 years in your garage. Everything in that car needs to be gone through.

I don't know the details of your deal with Eric so I can't comment on that. All I know if that you were very interested in the deal and you approached him. Even after you knew of the mismatched vins you were still offering 3k cash, why the sudden change of heart I wonder???

He never claimed it was a numbers car, he said it was a 68 Fastback. Look at the title it says its a 68 mustang as well. I feel that he isn't getting a fair shake here, and I fealt it neccesary to clear the air and post some actual truth here rather than your endless lies and fabrication.

For the record, he wanted a classic mustang that is all. Do to a medical condition he can't even work on the car. He is an electrician he doesn't know a damn thing about cars, and surely not how to rebuild a classic. That is why I was brought along, to observe your so called "perfect" car and help him decide what to do.