Remember that 68 fastback with a peiced together 66 front end I almost bought?

Uthinkso said:
Darko, "mechanic buddy" here. Technically I'm an engine builder, but thanks anyway.

Firstly you have never driven your car, this is what you told me. So you have no idea whether or not things work properly or whether or not the car is even road worthy. The guy you bought it from had it sitting for 5 years and now 2 years in your garage. Everything in that car needs to be gone through.

I don't know the details of your deal with Eric so I can't comment on that. All I know if that you were very interested in the deal and you approached him. Even after you knew of the mismatched vins you were still offering 3k cash, why the sudden change of heart I wonder???

He never claimed it was a numbers car, he said it was a 68 Fastback. Look at the title it says its a 68 mustang as well. I feel that he isn't getting a fair shake here, and I fealt it neccesary to clear the air and post some actual truth here rather than your endless lies and fabrication.

For the record, he wanted a classic mustang that is all. Do to a medical condition he can't even work on the car. He is an electrician he doesn't know a damn thing about cars, and surely not how to rebuild a classic. That is why I was brought along, to observe your so called "perfect" car and help him decide what to do.

Dudes!

Remember: The Car You Have is The Best One You've Got.

OK, tell me you expect a numbers matching car for 1.5 - 3K.
(Well dum **** that I am I sold a '69 Mach 1 big block shell for 1500, how was I to know my '65 would get ripped and crashed!)

Go with it bud.
Yeah is kind of a "custom" but it still looks good.
You might want to look into what makes the track width different between the years though. It's actually kind of interesting.

Roy.

PS. please note:
Wow, oh look! first censored post! Ha Ha - tempers must be running Hi.

r.

• Sponsors (?)

Uthinkso said:
Darko, "mechanic buddy" here. Technically I'm an engine builder, but thanks anyway.

Firstly you have never driven your car, this is what you told me. So you have no idea whether or not things work properly or whether or not the car is even road worthy. The guy you bought it from had it sitting for 5 years and now 2 years in your garage. Everything in that car needs to be gone through.

I don't know the details of your deal with Eric so I can't comment on that. All I know if that you were very interested in the deal and you approached him. Even after you knew of the mismatched vins you were still offering 3k cash, why the sudden change of heart I wonder???

He never claimed it was a numbers car, he said it was a 68 Fastback. Look at the title it says its a 68 mustang as well. I feel that he isn't getting a fair shake here, and I fealt it neccesary to clear the air and post some actual truth here rather than your endless lies and fabrication.

For the record, he wanted a classic mustang that is all. Do to a medical condition he can't even work on the car. He is an electrician he doesn't know a damn thing about cars, and surely not how to rebuild a classic. That is why I was brought along, to observe your so called "perfect" car and help him decide what to do.
Yo mister Med-chanic because you must be on something to think that the car in those pictures is just fine. That thing is messed up worse than a football bat. It has the front clip from a 65-66 on a 68 .So before you come on here and attack someone that came to us for advice and is keeping us up to date on what happened is not cool. I for one am VERY happy that DarkStoj gave us the update so we will know to be looking for this POS. That way we can give the unfortunate new owner the heads up. :( :notnice: :nonono:

So are we supposed to believe that this seller had the foresight to bring a mechanic buddy to inspect your coupe, yet didn't when he acquired the fastback? I'm not buying that story. He knew he had a bastard, why else would he trade a fastback for a coupe.

That being said, I think you are making too big a deal out of it.

I wasn't going to reply to any of this sewing circle bull****,but I am sick of all the slander,and defamation of character.I have a few points to make and then I am out.1)"Serious buyer" found me off of an old ad I place for the car,and he was the one that offered and wanted to trade his "perfect" for my mustang.2)I was up front in telling him that I don't know alot about cars and if there are any questions he has I will try and have them answered.3)He came over to look at the car twice and both time I had the car on jack stands in a well lit garage for him.If I was intentionally hiding something wouldn' t I try and make it as inconvient as possible to find "the problem"?And gave him a pen and paper to write down all the vin# on the car,so he could go home and decode them 4)I never ever in any ad said that the car was numbers matching.Below is a copy of an email that I sent to "serious buyer" listiong the non matching vin#.So if I was hiding the fact that the numbers don't match why would I send that?5)Even after all of this came up the "serious buyer" still offered me $2500 for my "pos" car.Funny that a pieced together car is still worth $2500 to someone who wants to bash you on the internet.6)As far as bring my "mechanic" buddy to look at the second car and not the firsts.The fastback I got from my friends father,so I didn't really worry about it.The "perfect" coupe I wanted another opinion,and as stated before due to a spinal injury I can't even get under a car to check it out.

Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:17:24 -0800 (PST)
From: "Eightmile Ray" <*********@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book
Subject: 68 Mustang Title
To: [email protected]

Dash-8F02T132696
Door-8F01C128971

65A Y 2A 20M 33 2 W
body color trim date oso axel trans

Did you get the pictures of your cars underbody for me yet?

Max Power said:
So are we supposed to believe that this seller had the foresight to bring a mechanic buddy to inspect your coupe, yet didn't when he acquired the fastback? I'm not buying that story. He knew he had a bastard, why else would he trade a fastback for a coupe.

That being said, I think you are making too big a deal out of it.

As stated previously the coupe was offered,and I didn't ask to trade for it.I would trade a car that needs body work for a car that needs mechanical work just because of my situation.I have a "mechanic" buddy to get the some stuff done,but don't know anyone to complete the body.That was the only thing holding me back from finishing the car for myself.And also previously stated that the fastback came from someone I knew and the coupe was coming from a complete stranger.Besides that due to this damn medical conditions I can't even get under the "perfect" coupe to see if the frame was rusted out.

meanroy said:
Dudes!

Remember: The Car You Have is The Best One You've Got.

OK, tell me you expect a numbers matching car for 1.5 - 3K.
(Well dum **** that I am I sold a '69 Mach 1 big block shell for 1500, how was I to know my '65 would get ripped and crashed!)

Go with it bud.
Yeah is kind of a "custom" but it still looks good.
You might want to look into what makes the track width different between the years though. It's actually kind of interesting.

Roy.

PS. please note:
Wow, oh look! first censored post! Ha Ha - tempers must be running Hi.

r.

The car looks exactly like a 1968 from the pictures that I have seen of other 1968 fastbacks.I now understand that the front clip is different,but as I said before I don't know anything about cars.I am sorry to anyone that wasunintentionally misled]by my ad,but I gave everyone all the info I had.The car has sat as is since the day I got it,and even if I looked at it it looked good to me.
Oh as far as "torched" up parts "hiding" in my garage.When I got the car the guy gave me a pick up truck full of parts that he had acquired over the years.I unloaded them into my garage and there they sit.Some are garbage and need to be thrown away,but have never gotton around to it.

Uthinkso, do you know anything about Mustangs? (By your screen name, it sounds like you have a bit of attitude...)

The '65-'66 car is totally different from a '67-'68 car. About the only body parts I know of that interchange are the windshields and the rear windows on the coupes. All the underhood sheetmetal is different in between the years. Your buddy may have not known that when he bought the car, and that really sucks, but since Dark pointed it out to him, the rest of us feel that he's morally obligated to point that out to potential buyers.

Because of the stupid Elawhore craze, the market for rusted out '67-'68 Fastback shells is about $6k. So Get ought to be offended by the "lowball" $2500 offer if anything. The front clip can be cut off and a donor from a 6 cyl coupe could be added in. Getting all the numbers to match is now impossible anyway, but a correct year clip will make the car less of a bastard than the wrong year clip.

Eric, the door/dash numbers are no big deal, people replace doors without replacing the tags all the time. Uthinkso, this is why the numbers of the dash/door didn't matter to him. Eric, your car was a "T" code 6 cylinder car before. Even so, with some bolt on changes, I can put a big block FE motor into the car if it has the '67-'68 front clip. That's impossible with a '65-'66 car without some serious cutting.

Uthinkso, did you even look at Dark's car? You complain about him slandering Eric, yet you call his car "perfect" as if it's not represented correctly as well. You expect to slap an engine and tranny in the car and be able to just go drive it?!? I don't car if I bought a car as old as these are, that a guy drove to my house, I'm still putting it up on stands and checking the damn thing out, replacing all the fluids, and inspecting the car thoroughly before my butt hits the seat to go for a spin.

I'm still of the opinion that Eric should have let potential buyers know that the front structural clip wasn't correct, unless he thought that then he couldn't sell it, or he'd get less money for it, then that's fraud. Caveat Emptor be damned!!

Max Power said:
Ah, so now the fastback comes from someone you know and you STILL had no idea how messed up it was.

That's even worse. Nice try. And nice handle by the way.

hex max power(nice **** name)I did get the car for from my friends father.The I didn't ask alot of questions that is my fault.I represented the car as what I thought it was.How could I trust someone telling me that the car was wrong,and still wanted to buy it at a lower price?Wouldn't you feel like your being scammed?Anyway I now know the truth about the car and appreciate everyones "kind" input.

1320stang said:
Uthinkso, do you know anything about Mustangs? (By your screen name, it sounds like you have a bit of attitude...)

The '65-'66 car is totally different from a '67-'68 car. About the only body parts I know of that interchange are the windshields and the rear windows on the coupes. All the underhood sheetmetal is different in between the years. Your buddy may have not known that when he bought the car, and that really sucks, but since Dark pointed it out to him, the rest of us feel that he's morally obligated to point that out to potential buyers.

Because of the stupid Elawhore craze, the market for rusted out '67-'68 Fastback shells is about $6k. So Get ought to be offended by the "lowball" $2500 offer if anything. The front clip can be cut off and a donor from a 6 cyl coupe could be added in. Getting all the numbers to match is now impossible anyway, but a correct year clip will make the car less of a bastard than the wrong year clip.
Eric, the door/dash numbers are no big deal, people replace doors without replacing the tags all the time. Uthinkso, this is why the numbers of the dash/door didn't matter to him. Eric, your car was a "T" code 6 cylinder car before. Even so, with some bolt on changes, I can put a big block FE motor into the car if it has the '67-'68 front clip. That's impossible with a '65-'66 car without some serious cutting.

Uthinkso, did you even look at Dark's car? You complain about him slandering Eric, yet you call his car "perfect" as if it's not represented correctly as well. You expect to slap an engine and tranny in the car and be able to just go drive it?!? I don't car if I bought a car as old as these are, that a guy drove to my house, I'm still putting it up on stands and checking the damn thing out, replacing all the fluids, and inspecting the car thoroughly before my butt hits the seat to go for a spin.

I'm still of the opinion that Eric should have let potential buyers know that the front structural clip wasn't correct, unless he thought that then he couldn't sell it, or he'd get less money for it, then that's fraud. Caveat Emptor be damned!!

I appreciate your input and I have informed everyone that I have spoken to on the phone about the front clip issue.That is after I had it confirmed by a unbias third party.The third party say apperance wise you can change a few things under the hood and make it look like it it suppose to.I don't know if that is true or not,but if I was trying to cheat someone don't you think I would have made an effort to change those things?

geostang351 said:
I quess my question is, IF you had all this info after the trade fell through, did you tell the eventual buyer of these issues?

I absoulutely told the guy all the issues.He was a mechanic and spent almost 2 hours here looking at the car.I told him the front was different and he didn't care,because the frame was good.His plan was to make a elenore and sell it,but the deal fell apart due to money. I have typed up a contract stating the car was a project car sold as is with no warranty written or implied.Also the the car is pieced together with frame,firewall,and basically the front clip of a 65-66 mustang.That piece of paper is in my garage on the car right now.I have all of the vin# on a piece of paper in plain view to prospective buyers.Right now I think I am going to go ahead with my first plan and have the body work finished.If it sells before its done,after its done,or never that is fine with me.

And as 1320stang said the car is worth between $2500-$6000 so if I disclose everything like I already have and some buys it then I am not at fault.The contract is the saving grace because it is all spelled out in there and needs to be signed buy me and the purchaser.It is funny after all of the website slander I still have people emailing to take a look at the car.I guess any advertising is good advertising

To answer a few things.

1) Darko was pushing his car that it needed engine/tranny and fluids. Made it sound like it was ready to rock and roll, and it has a lot of work to be done. It is indeed in better physical condition than Eric's. Eric's car is mechanically complete with a full driveline though. Work is work, they both need a lot of it.

2) Eric willingly gave Darko the Vin's , there was no attempt to de-fraud Darko or any other buyer for that matter. If there was, why would he willingly give the Vin's to Darko. Title says 68 Mustang, he beleives its a 68 Mustang. The front clip parts were never disclosed to Eric, I helped him bring it home afterall. The thought of decoding the Vin's never even crossed his mind and why would it. It came from a very good family friend, no reason to think it is anything other than a 68 Fastback.

3) Yes I know a thing or two about Mustangs, but I never claimed to be a guru of all classic mustangs. No guru needed to see that Eric is getting railroaded in this thread.

4) After Darko decoded the Vin tags and knew about the front end, he still offered to buy the car. Why buy a car that is a frankenstang as another member earlier referred to it. He wasn't able to steal the car away from Eric so now he is all pissy about it. Thats the way I see it.

GetFuct said:
I didn't ask for anyones simpathy.I was just stating the facts.Unlike you I do have proof to back up what I say.

Well, I'm glad to see that you have all the facts straight NOW and it is reassuring that you now KNOW and UNDERSTAND that the front of that car is a mess and you will be disclosing this infor to any future buyer (since your deal fell through) but it seems to me that it took this thread and the one over at Super Stallions to make you "see the light" so I still question your ethics when you think no one is looking.

I just hope the handles chosen by these two are seen by others as a clear indication of their trustworthieness. I hope to never even try to buy a car from someone called "GetFuct". I mean, that is how this poor car got to be such a FrankenStang in the first place.

I just want to clear up a few facts.

I AM NOT pissy or upset about anything here. After I found the problems associated with the car I had almost zero intention of buying. I was however, a little ticked when I saw the car being sold with NO mention of the problems assocated with it after the buyer knew of the problems.

I felt it was my responsibility to make sure that whoever was buying the car knew of the associated problems that came with it to make sure nobody got something they would regret in the future.

To clear up a few things about myself here

Uthinkso said:
1) Darko was pushing his car that it needed engine/tranny and fluids. Made it sound like it was ready to rock and roll, and it has a lot of work to be done. It is indeed in better physical condition than Eric's. Eric's car is mechanically complete with a full driveline though. Work is work, they both need a lot of it.

yes, my car may need a few more things then a motor/trans and fluids; but they are relatively minor. You claimed in my garage that both cars needed the "same" amount of work to be finished.... and I had to bite my tounge so hard after you said that I could have sworn I tasted some blood in my mouth.

Eric's car may have a drivetrain, but that would have to come out anyway when eric wanted to swap in his new rebuilt motor he had right? My body has 100% of the origional sheet metal with no rust, and a "newer" paint job done many years ago. The paint needed to be cut and sat for seven years, but I repeated myself many times that the paint would need the time/labor involved work to be finished. Your telling me that, changing quarter panels, fixing rust that replacement sheetmetal can't even be found for (upper jamb of the trunk), fixing a plethora of other rusty areas, and even REMOVING the origional motor and trans for a drivetrain swap(mine doesn't even have one to remove haha) has the same difficulty level of installing a drivetrain, and fixing minor details like putting in seats, door sills, wetsanding, and trim work.... Wouldn't that have to be done ANYWAY after the body work was completed on the fastback?

You say my car needed way more work then just a motor/trans/fluids.... please explain to me... what are those things? I'm curious what HUGE problems with my car sitting 7 years in a garage might suggest, considering every inch of the car was replaced 7 years ago with brand new OEM, aftermarket, and performance parts. Whats the worst that would need to be checked? The seals in the rear axle, or the brakes? Doesn't seem like that much work to me for a vintage mustang.

Uthinkso said:
The thought of decoding the Vin's never even crossed his mind and why would it. It came from a very good family friend, no reason to think it is anything other than a 68 Fastback.

Max Power said:
Ah, so now the fastback comes from someone you know and you STILL had no idea how messed up it was.

AND THAT IS WHY I feel it is necessary to make sure to check out everything to the most persnickity of details. If the car came from a "very good family friend," why is Eric suddenly realizing that he has a fastback with a 66' front end and non matching vin #'s?

GetFuct said:
I absoulutely told the guy all the issues.He was a mechanic and spent almost 2 hours here looking at the car.I told him the front was different and he didn't care,because the frame was good.His plan was to make a elenore and sell it,but the deal fell apart due to money. I have typed up a contract stating the car was a project car sold as is with no warranty written or implied.Also the the car is pieced together with frame,firewall,and basically the front clip of a 65-66 mustang.That piece of paper is in my garage on the car right now.I have all of the vin# on a piece of paper in plain view to prospective buyers.Right now I think I am going to go ahead with my first plan and have the body work finished.If it sells before its done,after its done,or never that is fine with me.

THIS was my ONLY intention when making my first post to your forsale ad on superstallions. I think you misunderstodd what my intentions were. I just wanted to make sure you weren't trying to sell the car without disclosing the information that would require an honest sell.