Removing header studs

May 20, 2005
Arkansas
How should I go about this?

I'll be doing my LT install friday night/saturday morning.. I just want to get my plan down and know what I will need to do step-for-step before I get out there and start tearing into that sucker

I've got most of it down, just want to find out how to remove header studs :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

oh snap, the longtubes are going on! get the midget to help you with that ;).

hmm i heard stock studs are just fine. but if you must remove them, spray it with lots and lots of pb blaster and let it soak. then put on a nut, and another, and another making sure that theyre touching. have at the 1st nut :).

wait.. so I don't NEED to install the header bolts that come with the SLP LT's?

I feel like such a n00b because of all my questions, but I really can't afford to mess anything up or get an exhaust leak lol

Personally, I'd stick with the stock set over SLP, but I have no prior exerience with them so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Maybe go with stage 8 locking header bolts if you're scared of an exhaust leark? Or after you reuse the stock set, let the car warm up (take a video of the open headers :D), and retorque them down.

Just noticed the PM you send me on 11-20-05, 01:44 PM :lol: I'll get to it!

LOL way to go stang|ess! way to stay on top of your pm's :rlaugh:

I would do the open headers vid and tighten them back up before I finish.. but with my cams, my motor seems to shake around a lot and I don't want it to shake off the jack lol.. and i'm not sure if I can get to them after I get the k-member back on the car

Stang|ess said:
You got your cams, and didn't post a video? ban.T! :mad:

lol.. helty got some videos of it, I haven't gotten a chance to.. My parents dropped me off at the shop to pick my car up when they left town for the weekend and they took the camera :(.. but I do promise it sounds great :D

Anywho.. back on track bish :mad: