Replacing Hatchback supports

• Sponsors (?)

there is no unscrewing/screwing on anything. just get a standard (flat head) screwdriver to pull the clips up and yank the supports off. Then you just push the new ones back on. That's it.
Also do what 93tealstang said....those hatches can be pretty heavy.

Yeah use the flathead screwdriver......

Anyone know where to get some good hatchback supports...I got some from 50resto and they failed within 3 days and would no longer hold the hatch up so I just took them off :shrug:

David

i bought a set of heavy duty ones from autozone a year ago and there still doing just fine. make sure you get the right supports for the right hatch. (as in gt or lx wing) it makes a diff for the extra weight. the supports are valved differently. hope that helps

5spd GT said:
Yeah use the flathead screwdriver......

Anyone know where to get some good hatchback supports...I got some from 50resto and they failed within 3 days and would no longer hold the hatch up so I just took them off :shrug:

David

I bought my at Carquest (they ordered them) simply because I wanted to be able to return them easily if needed. Thanks for post.

93tealstang said:
The best tip I can give is make sure the hatch doesn't fall on your head. Have somebody there to hold it up. Other than that, I'll take about 10 minutes tops. :nice:
Haha, I supported the hatch on my noggin when I replaced mine. That is one heavy bastard.