Restomod engine rebuild

jamison42166

Jun 13, 2006
I decided to add some more performance to my stock 64 1/2 coupes engine.
I have added Edelbrock RPM heads, intake, cam and carb. Also installed are new lifters pushrods and im also thinking about doing roller rockers down the road. I am ditching the generator for a 1 wire billet alternator and im waiting on a backordered March pulley system. I am also doing cool flex hoses upper and lower and adding the KRC power steer pump to comliment my TCP power rack.
here is a pic of the engine when i first got the coupe a year ago:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jamison42166/detail?.dir=9e20&.dnm=8f5are2.jpg&.src=ph

Here is a current pic of the engine out of the car:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jamison42166/detail?.dir=9e20&.dnm=795fre2.jpg&.src=ph

I cant wait to get a pic of it when its all done and be able to drive it.. of course snow will probably be flying when its all said and done.. my only concern is getting all this stuff done and not being able to break the engine in.

• Sponsors (?)

it still is a 289... edelbrock claims 384 Hp with the package im using but its on a 302.. i think ill be happy if i get 300 hp. one we got it stripped to a bare block whoever had the car origionally must have taken great care of it the block was meticulous. didnt have to do a damn thing to it other than paint it.

jamison42166 said:
it still is a 289... edelbrock claims 384 Hp with the package im using but its on a 302.. i think ill be happy if i get 300 hp. .
dont hope for too much out of that package. The heads cc's are a little big and drop compression. It works ok, but only as a new build with different pistons to keep compression at 9.5+:1.I had the RPM's and had them ported,changed the springs(stock ones were too weak) and used the RPM cam and a Vic jr with a 750.I had it dynoed before my current engine (had some ignition isuues) and it barely made about 240 at the wheels.I think running right it have made about 290-300.