Restore mustang in 1 week

Himark

Founding Member
May 24, 2002
anybody see the ads for the 66 coupe that they are going to restore in 1 week on TLC?? Do you guys think it can be done?? and I wonder how much time will elapse off camera and how many guys are going to be on it? and how bad the car is from the start. Should air on TLC Tuesday April 13th at 9 pacific.

• Sponsors (?)

Himark said:
anybody see the ads for the 66 coupe that they are going to restore in 1 week on TLC?? Do you guys think it can be done?? and I wonder how much time will elapse off camera and how many guys are going to be on it? and how bad the car is from the start. Should air on TLC 17th or 18th at 9 pacific.
i'm gonna watch this. darn, another show to keep up with.

i saw it advertised in maxam I think. They steal a 66 coupe from a guys house and they complete rebuild it in a week. Pics fo the car can be seen in maxam...its pretty rough looking in the beginning. I wish someone would do that if i had a classic sitting around somewhere

im quite sure it can be done but look at it this way if it were yours would u wanna rush it like that? even if u had all the parts and right equipment at your disposal would u want to rush like that so yea it can be done but probably not done top caliber show car.

If they pick up the car, decide on what they need, how can they possibly get all the parts delivered, and installed in time? Guess we'll see -

I hope they're not using an Eleanor front end. Took me 3-4 months alone to get it all straightened out.:bang:

pimp my ride and rides are good shows when nothing else is on, but their a little mainstream. but i make room in my schedule to see american hotrod and american chopper. those guys, especially on chopper, and the machine shop manager from hotrod are serious artists. you can't learn skills like that, some of it comes from inside.

if i ever become a millionaire, i will have a shop like the one on, i think it's called 'trucks' or something, on usa or spike, around midday sunday? nothing like a network funding your shop.

charlies said:
pimp my ride and rides are good shows when nothing else is on, but their a little mainstream. but i make room in my schedule to see american hotrod and american chopper.
I love american chopper!! It's the best! :rlaugh:

I love when the old man starts yellin at people.. He's hilarious!

Oh, and the actual bike fabrication is cool too.

RajunCajun said:
im quite sure it can be done but look at it this way if it were yours would u wanna rush it like that? even if u had all the parts and right equipment at your disposal would u want to rush like that so yea it can be done but probably not done top caliber show car.
I highly doubt that they didn't know what car they were going to restore before it actually showed up at the shop. Plus, from the TV commercials, it looks like Chip Foose is doing the work on the car. With Chip involved, ANYTHING is possible.

Rent-A-Racer said:
I agree. TLC has improved their line-up recently. I love the show Rides. (Even though you have to put up with the guy from 90210.)
I got to meet Jason Priestly a few years ago at an Indy car race at Laguna Seca and found him to not only be a real car guy, but an extremely nice guy, period. Besides, would you rather have Johnny Depp from 21 jump street? :D

Mustang67Coupe said:
there is also a 67 mustang going to be on Pimp my ride or something like that, should be intresting to say the least, i think thats happening today
I shudder to think what will happen when the MTV crew (I stopped watching MTV in 1983) will do to a Mustang, particularly if they themselves call it "Pimp" :D

The Mtv production was pretty lame, they did the crappiest body work, if you call it that, and did a paint job that would last about a year. Car looked alright now, but it wont after a year, the reclining seats were cool though