Rev O.E. replica Cobra 340 wheels

Eric3D

Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta, ga
ContentPage

Any of you that have these or know people that may have them care to comment on the quality and how you like them?

I am looking at a set of 20" - 8.5" in front and 10" in back. Price is right and I really like that look. I am a bit concerned about quality when mounted on a car with 300-500 HP and being driven a bit aggressively.

Thanks guys,

Eric

• Sponsors (?)

I have the same wheels, but in 18". They look very nice, but the polished lip didn't even last through the first snow storm! Other than that the wheels are holding up fine. I'm going to look into getting them powder coated. If I had it to do over again I would save up and pay the extra for the real Halibrand Cobra wheel!

The problem is that they're clear coated. They're fine if they'll never see salt, but salt eats that clearcoat away very quickly. I had the same problem with my Mach 1 wheels. Luckily, it's not seeing snow/salt anymore. But as long as you won't see salt, you shouldn't have any problems.

Looking at the Cobra III wheels from Halibrand they would be really nice if ANYONE had them. It looks like they are either not produced any more or just no one has them. They are not even listed as available on the Halibrand web site and Steeda use to sell them but does not list them any more also.

Eric