Review Mirror and Visor Help

Deuce212

Feb 13, 2008
Rearview Mirror and Visor Help

I recently purchased a used mustang, and the only things not working on it are the Lights on the Visor(Both driver and passenger side) and the Rearview Mirror under lights. It is a 2004 Mustang GT convertible, so no dome light..

Is there a certain fuse I need to change? and if i have to replace the bulbs, anyone know how to do that?

• Sponsors (?)

*UPDATE*

Ok i found out what fuse it was, and changed it out, but there is still a problem.

As soon as i plug the fuse in, the lights turn on but they never turn off!! i tried closing the doors and locking the car but they stay on, so for now i have just taken the fuse out.

Anyone ever heard of this or now how to fix it? :bang:

*UPDATE*

Ok i found out what fuse it was, and changed it out, but there is still a problem.

As soon as i plug the fuse in, the lights turn on but they never turn off!! i tried closing the doors and locking the car but they stay on, so for now i have just taken the fuse out.

Anyone ever heard of this or now how to fix it? :bang:

instead of the traditional "plunger" the switch is inside the door latch itself.

spray wd-40 or the like and open and shut the door a few times to work it loose.

hope this helps! and welcome to :SNSign: !

Im not to clear on what you are saying to do.

But on my part i should be more specific. The rear view mirror has the 2 lights underneath it, and 2 buttons. I tried closing the doors and locking it to see if they would turn off by themselfs but they didnt. Im not to sure on how else to try to turn them off, the passenger visor lights work but they driver sides dont.

I will try to mess with it sum more tomorrow.

THAT WAS IT 67EFFIE!! yeah i realized that after a little while. I was like why does it click to the left, then it dawned on me....... so now i just have to figure out how to change the ligthbulb in the driver side visor....

Thanx to all who put their 2 cents in, it was greatly appreciated. :flag: :SNSign: