Ricers say they can beat a 5.0L Mustang, haha read this...

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by Boss 351, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ike83

Ike83 New Member

I'm pretty sure I don't give a ****......

:dead:
  2. niklid05

niklid05 New Member

id say.
  3. Ike83

Ike83 New Member

I'd say everything's been beaten to death a hundred times on this forum.....so if you have something new to talk about, then let's talk. Otherwise, did you know NOS stickers add 1,000 hp to your car? :rolleyes:
  4. blackened88lx

blackened88lx Active Member

350 by far. Let's see you make 500hp n/a for $5k with a 302. Then once you've spent $10k doing so, let's see the block hold together. That's not even an argument :shrug:

EXACTLY. Thank you. I love my car, but I will admit every fault it has. I love these cars because they're in my price range at this point in my life, they're reasonably quick with mild mods, I can work on them in my back yard, they're pretty reliable and they have a lot of potential. No, they're by no means fast, pretty much the whole drivetrain is a joke, and the suspension/brakes are very sad in stock form. They are not in any way shape or form a "muscle car", "sports car" or anything like this. We just got lucky that they sold a **** load of them and the aftermarket got massive.
  5. Ike83

Ike83 New Member

So you mean to tell me that it's cheaper to build an LS1 than it is to build on a 302? My buddy has the LS1 Camaro and he can NEVER do anything to it b/c intakes run $300 just to give you an example, and I paid $150 for mine.

As far as I know, modern day 350s are an arm and a leg to modify, and that's real.

And if a Mustang ISN'T a muscle car, than what the hell IS? :shrug:
  6. blackened88lx

blackened88lx Active Member

When did we start talking about LS1s? A "350" is the classic sbc, usually carbed. An LS1 isn't a 350. But as far as modding LS1s, the parts are lot more expensive, but it's a hell of a lot easier to go fast. A cam and bolt ons will get you in the 11s with traction and good driving.

As far as being a "muscle car", "muscle cars" stopped being built in like 1972. A Mustang in the era was considered a "pony car", but I guess you could call it a muscle car.
  7. Ike83

Ike83 New Member

I see what you're saying now. :nice:
  8. dadslx

dadslx Member

hey for what its worth today on my way home from running around in my new ( to me atleast ) 88 lx auto 5.0 i came across a very well done wrx. well i revved at the light like the a$$ i am and we hit about 25-30 ( speedo was reading 75mph ) well i looked over he gave me the heads up beeped three times and we got on it..he was within a bumper of me the hole time they are fast little cars..
    i have a 88 lx 4:10 rear hooker shorty headers 2.5 high flow exhaust flowing threw flow master 2 chambers with a shift kit

he had 3 inch exhaust bov front mount cooler running stock boost and rims.
  9. RS200

RS200 Member

And that wasn't even an STi.
  10. dadslx

dadslx Member

if that was an sti ( which i have personally had the pleasure to ride in ) i would have been picking asphalt from my teeth..they're very quick little cars. but give me sometime to build then ill find a sti or evo to fight with...by the way anybody ever run against one of them pesky little 350z cars?..im dying to get my a$$ whooped by one..lol
  11. RS200

RS200 Member

Around 14.0-14.1 with a good driver. You should be able to run with one.
  12. Boss 351

Boss 351 Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe

DO they sell that Forester with the STi engine in the USA? We have them in Canada, OMG talk about a freaking sleeper "you got beat by a freaking Forester, man" :lol:

I love sleepers like that.
  13. strtrcr50

strtrcr50 New Member

Wrong.. To truly add horsepower, you must add VTEC and type R stickers. They add quite a few horsepower when they are missbadged. I'm not even sure if the vtec itself adds horsepower. But I know the stickers do!!
    On a different topic, I'm ****ed that my camera phone pic of the civic on dubz with 4 inch dual exhaust and a bigass wing didn't come out. Tough getting a pic doing 70 on 95 and trying to take a pic tho. Thing looked like a conestoga wagon! :rlaugh:
  14. Boss 351

Wings are fine, I don't care; other than being funny it doesn't cause any harm (unless it falls off - but I never follow a ricer for that reason). It's the damn 200db fart piped POS 4 banger sounding like a wet fart TRYING to move faster than a moped. Then they have to add 5000watt sound systems and park in a residential area and play their baggy-pant-sideway's cap wearing bull**** "music" all night. Sorry when is "punch a ricer in the nose" day?
  15. strtrcr50

strtrcr50 New Member

My neighborhood is predominantly mid 30's to late 40's so almost no rice. There's a riced out eclipse non turbo, but he also has a 3rd gen RX7, so it's ok. On my street, there's a black new edge gt, a red 06 gt, a green 96 gt, a worked to the balls bullit, a yellow mach 1, and my lx. The guy with the bullit also has quite a few other mustangs show up regularly. Most often, a 2003 cobra and a 93 Gt. The best part... No ricers! :flag:
  16. Boss 351

Next year I'm moving to the country... old farmer's road and you will have to drive for 3 minutes in my driveway before getting to the house :lol: That's the dream anyway...

No ricers, no cars, just cows and the fresh smell of cow **** in the morning. :D
  17. strtrcr50

strtrcr50 New Member

Boss, you'll love it. I can sit outside all day and not hear a single fart cannon.
  18. Boss 351

I wonder how loud a cow can fart?
  19. Ike83

Ike83 New Member

Smoke'em all day long....they HATE it. But I figure if you can hear my exhaust, camshaft, and can SEE my sport comp tach sitting on the dash, you probably shouldn't be ****ing with me. :shrug:
  20. Ike83

Ike83 New Member

Pretty loud.....but at least it's not a WET sound like a ricer. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.