rim question

• Sponsors (?)

Do not put 20s on your stang, especially when its already lowered. They might fit but I imagine your turning radius will be horrible and as for the looks.. :nonono: On top of all that you will end up paying more in the long run for 20 series tires. With a 2" drop in the front I wouldn't go any bigger than 18s all around.

It is your car....so do as you like :(

Yes 20s will physically fit, but as stated above if you are lowered two inches....aspect ratio is important if get too tall a tire you "might" not be able to turn very well.

You do realize that by going with 20's you are effectively lowering(numerically) your gear ratio(stock is 3.27, you are heading the wrong way with 20s, its going to kill your acceleration. And at the same time you are increasing the braking force required to stop your car.

..most people who swap rims go from stock 245/45/17 with an OD of 25.7 inches, to say a xxx/35/18 with OD of 25.4 or you could even do a 19 inch wheel with a 25 series tire(very very very few tire choices here same OD). So from 17 to 18 rims most of the time the tire wheel combo is no taller than stock. But a 20 WOW she's gonna be a tall tire.

Well, you guys don't know if the guy even cares about performance. I hate it when people suggest things without knowing what the owner is shooting for. It might just be a bling car show queen car. In that case, the owner might not give a damn about performance.

Either way, it's his car. He just asked would they fit. He didn't ask about whether it would slow his car down or mess up the turning and braking.

twogts4us said:
Yep, do as you like, but to me this is just too bling-bling for me...God I can't believe I actually even typed that...'bling-bling' :puke:
Sorry, but most of us out here are performance whores :crazy:
:stupid: Most of us would take the 3 grand ur going to spend on wheels and use it to shave a second or two off 1/4 mile, not make it slower.
But you do your thing. It should fit fine in the back...after all its possible to fit some big slicks back there without cutting anything...as for the front? I doubt it, you are prolly going to have to do a lot of suspension work just to keep it from rubbing on bumps and turns....but hey, i will look good standing still. Bling Bling!:rlaugh:

Mossberg said:
Well, you guys don't know if the guy even cares about performance. I hate it when people suggest things without knowing what the owner is shooting for. It might just be a bling car show queen car. In that case, the owner might not give a damn about performance.

Either way, it's his car. He just asked would they fit. He didn't ask about whether it would slow his car down or mess up the turning and braking.
You are so right...My apologies to siege-X. And I take my barf back... :D
To each his own and I hope he loves his Stang as much as my wife and I love ours.
Individuality is what the original Mustang was all about...let's all remember how it started.

AirWolf: And just when I was loosing faith in the yonger generation. A 17 year old with a stang, a brain, and smart enough to know what a stang is supposed to be used for.

You know, if you like the 20" rims, go for it. You asked if they would fit, not for critics. In all honesty, you could say the samething about the 17" rims when compared to 15" of years ago.

Go HoTO! said:
AirWolf: And just when I was loosing faith in the yonger generation. A 17 year old with a stang, a brain, and smart enough to know what a stang is supposed to be used for.

You know, if you like the 20" rims, go for it. You asked if they would fit, not for critics. In all honesty, you could say the samething about the 17" rims when compared to 15" of years ago.
:flag: I just dont see what the big deal is. My stang has the original 16s it came with and that will be on of the the last things i mod. I work for every penny i put into my stang and the pennies are limited...i just cant see blowing a few grand like that and not getting any GO out of it. No one can see your rims when youre doing a burnout anyway.

Mossberg said:

Good point.

If you don't care about performance and are looking for a "bling car show queen car" I would like to retract my initial suggestion and leave you with another... Go wit da 22s holla back! :D

they will fit and it will depend on tire size/diameter.
With all the 18s available, I still don't know why people put 20s on stangs, but it is your choice. I have never seen a stang with 20s that looked nearly as good as with 18s. If you have lowered your car, it will go back up with the 20s as far as ground clearance. :notnice:

Get the shoes to match... :rlaugh: :D :lol: :notnice:
spree.gif