Rim Screws, need answer asap! racing in 2 days!!

ok, have a set of hooseir qtp's got tubes put in them, i put them on the car wanting to test them, i drove exactly one mile and didnt even spin them, one tube decided it didnt like life and exploded, so i had a whole ordeal sitting on the side of the road changing my tires. anyways

should i take the tubes out and just install the tires and just use screws?

or should i put tubes and screws? and what i dont get how tubes and screws work, your putting a screw through a damn tires into the tubes?? wouldnt that go kabang, anyways. need expert advice asap. my rims are drilled so. 12 x 3/4" sheet metal screws should do the trick.

• Sponsors (?)

I've never run tubes or screws in my ET Streets. Usually on the first few passes after mounting they turn about 3" or so on the rims but then they seems to settle in. Tubes are just extra weight and a pain in the ass in my opinion. Since your rims are already drilled you may as well go ahead and use the rim screws. Leave the tubes out.

most of the time you should be able to get away without putting screws in. Some rims seem to hold the bead of the tire better than others. Mark the valvestem and the tire and give it a runs. See if they moved at all. If you do plan on using screws, don't cheap out, get the right screws from a tire shop or speed shop. They have a bigger head and are the exact length you need. You aren't screwing thru the rubber, just into the thick bead of the tire. They usually come in a set of 20 or more to both sides of the rim. Make that 35 http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=egnsearch.asp&N=301849

are you running 10's or better ????

if you plan on keeping tire pressure above 10 psi you don't need tubes IF the tire wil hold air.

sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

i had a set of sprotsman pro's that i had to air up everyday.

what EXACTLY happened to the old one? valve stem pulled out or a wrinkle wore through?

unless your running fast, you are NOT gonna spin the slick on the rim