Wheels-Tires Rim Width(s) For '67 Coupe?

I'm restoring a '67 coupe (6-cylinder, automatic) and I'm not sure what width rims I need to buy. Currently the car has 10" drums on the rear and 9" drums on the front. Rear rims are standard 14", five-lug (4.5" circle), and front rims are junky 9", four-bolt sport wheels, which I will discard. I know it's likely that this car had 9" drums all the way around originally, but I plan to replace the front drums with 10", five-bolt drums to match the rear. This will be less expensive because 1) 10" drums seem to be moderately cheaper than 9" on sites I've checked, and (more importantly) 2) if I change the front to 10" I'll need only to buy three new rims (including spare) rather five new 9" rims (since, as I said, I'm junking the current front rims).

So here's my problem: I have no idea what width rims I will need. I can't tell what width the rear rims are becasue tires are of course mounted on them (and I'm not sure I'd know what to measure anyway). At leat one of the rear rims seems to be stamped "8MD" if that helps. The tires on them are P195 70/R-14. Given that info, can anyone tell me what width the rear rims are? I'd like to buy three more just like them for the front and the spare so I have the same wheels (including spare) all the way around). Thanks!

Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

If you're going to be buying newer 5 lug rims anyway you might as well go with 15X7, the tire selection will be better and they will fill out the wheel wells much better and give a better ride. Performance size tire would be 225/60/15 or more conservative 205 or 215 size. Getting the tires to fit correctly will depend mostly on backspace of the rims. 3.75" is about min. backspace with 4" or 4.25" fitting better and pulling in for fender lip clearance.
Jon