Roll Cage Conversion From 8 Point To 10 Point

wolfe67

Aug 3, 2014
pa
Has any body used the 8pt to 10 pt conversions that jegs or summit sells.
I've heard they don't fit so good .
Looking for a kit with the bars going thru the front speaker covers down thru the dash. Any recommendations on who has the best one. I've heard Wolfe makes a nice one but I don't look like they make just the conversion kit. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

biggest issue i know of doing that is a a correctly sized roll bad uses 1.75" tubing... a correctly sized 10 point uses 1.625 so your going to carry extra weight.

All of the "kits" fit as good as you make them as they are all very similar in design. Personally I would look at S&W "runner" kit. I uses down bars instead of a halo and is a bit easier to fit up. Most of the finished product is a result of the effort you put in in making things fit properly

All of the "kits" fit as good as you make them as they are all very similar in design. Personally I would look at S&W "runner" kit. I uses down bars instead of a halo and is a bit easier to fit up. Most of the finished product is a result of the effort you put in in making things fit properly
Thanks for the tip. I'll look into the S&W runner kit. The only thing I noticed with the kits I was looking at, the kits wer all 1 5/8
Where as to my 8point is 1 3/4 so not sure if they make 1 3/4 conversion kits

All of the conversions will be 1 5/8 as that is the spec for the 8.50 cert. You can cut and notch the 1 5/8 tubing to fit your existing 1 3/4 roll bar no different than if it was all the same size.

Reactions: 1 user
All of the conversions will be 1 5/8 as that is the spec for the 8.50 cert. You can cut and notch the 1 5/8 tubing to fit your existing 1 3/4 roll bar no different than if it was all the same size.
OK. That's what I was wondering if the two different sizes wer gona be an issue. But as far as being nhra certified that's probably not gona pass ? If a 10 point cage is supposed to be 1 5/8 . I hope I don't have to redo my cage in all 1 5/8 ...
My cars never gona see 8's but it is running 9.7's now

OK. That's what I was wondering if the two different sizes wer gona be an issue. But as far as being nhra certified that's probably not gona pass ? If a 10 point cage is supposed to be 1 5/8 . I hope I don't have to redo my cage in all 1 5/8 ...
My cars never gona see 8's but it is running 9.7's now
Converting your cage will not be an issue as far as certification goes. I'm assuming your current cage is Mild Steel? If so tubing needs to be .134" to certify and must be at least 1 5/8" in diameter. If the tubing is bigger and still meets the minimum wall thickness you will not have an issue. If the cage is chromoly the minimum thickness can be .083". Don't forget to make provisions for your window net as well.
Another thought to consider, if you have through the floor subframe connectors you will need a rocker bar on the drivers side as well.

Reactions: 1 user