Roller Rocker opinions

cjrpony

Jan 23, 2010
West Michigan
I am looking to buy some new rockers for my 331 and pitch the crappy Proform rockers I have right now. I know, I know, you get what you pay for... I had Proform pedestal rockers before and they were ok but got these stud mount rockers when I switched heads. These are too damn noisy and I am tired of trying to adjust them, so what are your opinions on roller rockers. I figure the comp rockers would be good and I may go that way, but what about the scorpion or trick flow rockers. Anyone have any trouble with those? I don't really care how pretty they are as long as they work and are quiet.

Also, are any of the poly locks that come with them any good? I am thinking of getting some good ARP locks while I am at it.

• Sponsors (?)

I ran the trick flow 1.6's for a looong time with no issues. I have also heard great things about comp.

Or get some Jesel shaft mounts..hehe

With the exception of the Chinese knock offs, most roller rockers are all the same. The vast majority of them are made by a company called 'Dove Manufacturing.' I have original Dove rockers, which are usually sold 1000 at a time. I would look for the good deal on this one. Comp Cams, Scorpions, Motorsports, Omega Gear, etc. It's all the same stuff.

Kurt

Wow, just wow. Nice find.

Kurt

Yeah that's a beauty all right. :rolleyes:

I my eye on a set of Comp Pro Magnums right now. Thanks for all the suggestions. Like I said, don't really care what they look like as long as they work and are quiet. I searched and found lots of people say the Proforms are noisy. Mine certainly are. Haven't really heard anything negative about any of the good name brands.

Nobody had any comments about using the stock poly locks?

Yeah that's a beauty all right. :rolleyes:

I my eye on a set of Comp Pro Magnums right now. Thanks for all the suggestions. Like I said, don't really care what they look like as long as they work and are quiet. I searched and found lots of people say the Proforms are noisy. Mine certainly are. Haven't really heard anything negative about any of the good name brands.

Nobody had any comments about using the stock poly locks?

Pro Magnums are what im using... car started once and they seemed to work ok... lol

The polylocks that come with them work fine.

Kurt

Thanks

Being the cheap bastard that I am, I will just use the ones that come with them . I can always add them later if needed. :D

The new rockers should be on the way and hopefully be here when I get back from Chicago this weekend. I'll be adding an intake spacer and new valve covers while I'm at it.

My only recommendation is that once you have the polylock set, take a 5/8" wrench and crank the whole thing a little tighter. That keeps it from backing off pretty well.

Kurt