Running Cool!!

Snugs

Jul 17, 2015
last week i removed my ac and installed and march ac delte bracket. so after getting it all removed and moving the tensinor and installing the shorter belt, now the car temp will not get above 140. before removing the ac compressor it was running between 180 and 190. so i replaced the tstat and put the oem stat in (195) and still 140. is this normal? im going crazy. i bought an infered thermometer and it shows the tstat housing is 190-200. am i mising somthing?? im not a mechanic but i can work on a car!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Hey man welcome to the forum. If you're using the stick temp gauge the sensor is located in the lower intake on the drivers side. One wire runs to it. Check the temp there. If it still says 140 in the car but 190 on the infrared thermometer then you have an issue with the guage, sensor, or wiring. Did you remove the condensor in front of the radiator ?

I have not removed the condenser yet. I wanted to get a bigger radiator and do it all at once. And I did remove the the temperature sensor bulb from the front of the lower intake and checked it to ensure there was no build up on the sensor.