Running Hot!!! Why? Please help!

• Sponsors (?)

Make sure you're using a good mixture of water/antifreeze. I was having the same type of overheating problem as well as losing coolant and someone told me that it could be the coolant mixture i was using. Supposedly antifreeze not only lowers freezing point but raises boiling point. Thus the boiling point of my mixture was too low and it was boiling, evaporating and overheating. So this is something you might wanna check out just in case, it fixed my overheating problem, but i'm still losing coolant somewhere :(.
-GM

Clownfish said:
You cam timing has nothing to do with ignition timing. The 4 degrees advance on the cam install does not mean you have to add 4 to the ignition timing on the crank. If the crank reads 8 degrees then it's 8 degrees (did you check with the spout out?).
Flush the system real good and then...

I would get your electrical system figured out. IMO the lack of power to the fan should be factored out before you worry about the other things. Fix one thing at a time with the most obvious being first - Lack of power to the fan. Then I would find out why you're are having the missing/popping - it might also be the electrical problem and/or timing.

If you get all that worked out and the problem persists, then I would look into more serious issues.

Good point but I have no clue how I can wire this up correctly or who will do it. Who do you recommend? wehat spout are you referring to?

She goes on the Dyno on Wednesday for tuning of the Air/Fuel ratio, timing...etc. Plus now I can see what kind of HP this baby has with the blower and heads. I hope near 400...we'll see.

If you want to eliminate the fan as a possible problem then wire the thing so that it comes on with the ignition. Should be simple enough and you'll know within a day or two if that's your problem or if you need to continue troubleshooting.

Daggar said:
If you want to eliminate the fan as a possible problem then wire the thing so that it comes on with the ignition. Should be simple enough and you'll know within a day or two if that's your problem or if you need to continue troubleshooting.

Already did that long ago man...piece of cake!! :nice: