"Rust mort"-anyone else use this?

electricgreen

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
Western NY
Thye guy that did the major metal work on the 73 told us about it. Said he's used it for a long time, and still likes it. It's acid, and it reacts with the rust to "convert it"...So, we decided anything that makes the rust quit growing & die was good with us and got a small bottle. Well, we used it on pretty much all the slightly scaley surfaces on the car (after a wire wheeling). I just used it on the inside of the pass side fender (and am now hiding in the house because it STINKS). Just wondering if anyone else had experiance with it and what they thought (especially interested in long term). If it does as it says, we will likely use it on other parts of the car as well-especially on impossible to reach places, like the inside of the deck lid (between the two layers, that empty space). It is meant to be top coated, so we'll have to find a way to do that...

• Sponsors (?)

My body guy is using this

he's got a great reputation, been doing it for 20+ years, etc. He mentioned using Rust Mortician to "eat away" and "convert" the surface rust on all the parts that don't get replaced. So, no personal experience, but at least this guy uses it and trusts it.

Joe

I've used the same kind of stuff also. Your right, that stuff does stink. Ive only had it on for 5 or 6 months so i cant really give you an example of long term, but the rust isnt growing anymore, as well as the rust went from being a reddish orange color to a dark brown, so the rust doesnt stand out as much as it did, for all that is worth.