Rust, what sould I do?

Well I got the infamous shock tower rust/rot virus that’s going around and it’s making me sick, I'll probably do one of these two things. Take it to a body shop and have it fixed, which would cost an arm and a leg. Or get rid of it,:( and if I do I will take a hiatus from performance cars all together and get a POS Honda, seriously. :bang:

If I had wielding skills I would do it myself, because it doesn’t look all that difficult to do. It's impossible to find a fox around here that hasn’t rusted in the frame or tower unless I pay out the ass for it, so if I get another Mustang it would prolly be a new edge mostly because they have a lot less rust and IMO they look way better than the sn95's.

So if I don't fix the shock tower, it could be my last chance at owning a fox.:shrug:

I'll get some pics when it stops constantly raining.

• Sponsors (?)

Well I got the infamous shock tower rust/rot virus that’s going around and it’s making me sick, I'll probably do one of these two things. Take it to a body shop and have it fixed, which would cost an arm and a leg. Or get rid of it,:( and if I do I will take a hiatus from performance cars all together and get a POS Honda, seriously. :bang:

If I had wielding skills I would do it myself, because it doesn’t look all that difficult to do. It's impossible to find a fox around here that hasn’t rusted in the frame or tower unless I pay out the ass for it, so if I get another Mustang it would prolly be a new edge mostly because they have a lot less rust and IMO they look way better than the sn95's.

So if I don't fix the shock tower, it could be my last chance at owning a fox.:shrug:

I'll get some pics when it stops constantly raining.

yeeeeeeeep

lifes a bitch.

get a quote, go from there. or buy a welder and do it yourself. welding isnt difficult you just need practice.

hondas are gay

Yes, welding is easy......BUT....it isn't about fact that welding is easy, it is the fact of all the labor that he needs to do to get to the rot. Once the area is at a point where you can work with it, you need to get new metal. Then cut out the rot past where it meets the good stuff, and section it all in.

To do this properly you should pull the motor and drop the K-frame. You will probably need to put in a full rectangular peice. This is a good winter project, just not a quick and easy one.

Cut out the rust, weld in metal, chassis saver over top. Or you can use a product like "all metal" which is like bondo but has metal powder in it and is really strong. My buddy's GT had frame rot right at the shock tower, and when he smoothed the engine bay he cut that section of frame out and welded in a 3/16 plate and smoothed it over. You can't tell it was even there and he's no body man.