S197 V6 Rear bumper swap

billthecougnut

Sep 15, 2008
Everett
Anyone local (near Everett) ever done a v6 to gt conversion (at least the rear bumper) I bought a GT500 rear bumper for my 4.0 and want to do it myself, but am looking for pointers (in person while i'm doing it would be best:D) but any tidbits of info would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

hey cougnut

Hey our cars are similiar. Got the 4.0 with pypes mid muffler and x pype. bbk air intake, bbk throttle body, and predator tuner. Visual mods are roush hood scoop, cervini side scoops and gt 500 spoiler. I live to the south in Puyallup. Don't see many 4.0's on here. Wish I had info on bumper. Good luck.

Soooooo easy, My 12 y/o daughter cuda done it! Don't know why I was freakin. Check the new look on my 6

Attachments

• IMG_0413 copy 2.jpg
    IMG_0413 copy 2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 155
No trimming nessisary, just a take off and bolt on proposition. Four bolts in the trunk area, two in each fenderwell, two pushpin fasteners on the bottom and presto- bumper off. Take the wiring harness off the factory one, put it on the new one, and re-install. Easy. Yes I will probably do the supercharger myself, but I have to purchase a few items to make it complete first, and money is tight, so it'l have to wait. I bought this rear bumper though cuz the guy selling it nearly gave it away, and I can't pass up deals like that.

Rear bumper exchange

Looks good. I am planning on putting a GT bumper on my V6 around March 09. I've got a line on one. Right now it's Redfire. Gotta get it painted Legend Lime to match my car. I installed the X-pipe & duals (with the help of a friend) and notched the rear V6 bumper to fit around the Magnaflow pipe tips. I think it will look much better after switching it to the GT bumper. I want the bumper Legend Lime with that bottom lip black to match my rocker panels and my black front spoiler. To top it off, I also have a line on a set of 18-inch fanblades that I want to powdercoat the blades black and leave the rest silver. The car is lowered, so these 16-inch wheels put it way too close to the ground. Got to watch speed bumps and road kill (nature's speed bumps). Also takes a bunch to jack it up to work on it because the hydraulic jack won't fit underneath it anymore without using the stock jack first to raise it up enough to get the hydraulic one under it.

BTW, my car made it into the October 2008 issue of 5.0 Mustangs & Super Fords on page 144 (the engine bay pic in the lower left corner). I work on my own cars.

Julie

Bill - the GT500 looks great, especially since the black side trim matches the black V6 rocker panels! I've been wanting to find a GT/CS front & rear bumper cover for my 07 GT, but I'll have to have them prepped & painted as the GT/CS's were never offered in Alloy Gray.