saleen kit

97predator

Aug 18, 2003
va beach
well i have been readign the post and have heard of the horrible saleen quality of their kits. is there a way to circumvent the painting problems? i like the kit more than the others i have seen. or re the kits so bad they becoem a money pit once the painting process begins? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

97predator said:
well i have been readign the post and have heard of the horrible saleen quality of their kits. is there a way to circumvent the painting problems? i like the kit more than the others i have seen. or re the kits so bad they becoem a money pit once the painting process begins? :shrug:

if you get the saleen kit, its best to take a look at the kit before you start preparing it, make sure there isnt any defects, lumps, hair line cracks, bumps, or anything else, and if there is, i would try to return it for being defective and getting the peice replaced, make sure they fit well too..

but after that, spend time and do a really nice job on preparing them, the problems i've seen with people is that that just throw the kit on their car, and paint it right away, and it turns out looking like crap..

Get someone that knows what its made of to paint it. That way they know how to paint it and what to use. I had mine done for $1500 painted & installed. It looked great & held up great even after the wife ran into a parking curb. The paint flexed with the bumper and nothing cracked. The must use a flex additive when painting. One other thing do research in you area on the paint shops, I went to 7 different ones with prices from $500-$1500. So shop around and ask questions and don't cut corners.

Thanks my car is now gone but not forgotten. I now have a 03' sonic blue Cobra.

attachment.php

sweet cars yall. i was just curious because i was trying to decide if i should just buy a S281 ( cant aford the S351 :( ) or if i could build a gt up. of course iam talkign about buying a 99 since i have no intention of keeping anything stock. i was just worried from what i had heard about saleen kits. i think it is the best lookign kit all in all. wonder how it would look with a cobra R hood? then from there go with some steeda parts and throw on a KB or a cobra killer turbo once he has it done. :hail2:

97predator said:
sweet cars yall. i was just curious because i was trying to decide if i should just buy a S281 ( cant aford the S351 :( ) or if i could build a gt up. of course iam talkign about buying a 99 since i have no intention of keeping anything stock. i was just worried from what i had heard about saleen kits. i think it is the best lookign kit all in all. wonder how it would look with a cobra R hood? then from there go with some steeda parts and throw on a KB or a cobra killer turbo once he has it done. :hail2:

if you like the looks of the s281, then go for it, thats all your really buying is a GT with a body kit on it :nice:

Wills Black 98 said:
where is the best place to buy replica bumpers, i would like to get a repica saleen front bumper, how much money am i looking at?

if you get a replica, stay away from the fiberglass bumpers, you want urethane so it can flex, i would just stick with saleen instead of a knockoff, you might be getting something even worse :(

i see good prices on ebay all the time :nice:

well the saleen is a bit more than a gt. not so much in the power department, but it has a good share of suspension mods. it does pull mroe g's on the skidpad than a ZO6. and the interior is sweet. not enough to pay full proce for new though. but they are one sweet ride. nothin gets my attention more. except the whine of a supercharger..or the sound of a v8 BOV....or flowmasters...or...oh forget it