Salt on the roads, anything I can do?

• Sponsors (?)

CIMG1005b.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG1005b.jpg
    CIMG1005b.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 79
Forms a protective layer between the part you coat any any salt or ****. :) It's that black rubbery stuff. Salt likes to get everywhere, though... best thing is to not drive it in the sslt. If you have to, undercoat it and wash it off really well every so often.

I find the best way to protect against salt and winter is to get the car rust proofed with an oil based treatment and not with that thick undercoating stuff. Thick undercoat, from what I understand, actually traps moisture, and so is not ideal. The metal has to breathe.

I find the best way to protect against salt and winter is to get the car rust proofed with an oil based treatment and not with that thick undercoating stuff. Thick undercoat, from what I understand, actually traps moisture, and so is not ideal. The metal has to breathe.

i disagree.... the best way to stop salt from getting under your car.. is storing and getting a DD, Dont be silly cover your car you willy!..:p im just stating the facts my man~!

same here with the college....keep it washed after drives on really wet slushy salty roads

most car washes have undercarriage sprayers with so called "rust inhibitor" but it just is good to spray it off....also dry the door jambs / under the hatch / hood / gas fill area /around wheel wells. just get the salt / salty water outta there. You dont want water in there especially water with salt in it since thats where most rust starts.

i know it sucks to go through automatic washes and i usually freeze and do it myself but its better than salt...small scratches buff out come spring

Mines been fine for now..