same basic setups

91 HATCH

Banned
May 17, 2007
illinois
why does everyone have the same basic setup for their fox

is anything better than trickflow or is that it

im looking to build alot of power but all i see is everyone has a slight variation on what someone else has

should i just build a 331 with a trickflow track heat top end kit and add nitrous then call it good :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

why does everyone have the same basic setup for their fox

is anything better than trickflow or is that it

im looking to build alot of power but all i see is everyone has a slight variation on what someone else has

should i just build a 331 with a trickflow track heat top end kit and add nitrous then call it good :shrug:

The reason everybody has trick flow is because its just that good. The top end kit offers great power and its all there in the kit. You don't have any worries. Its much easier then piecing a combo together. Thats why. I'm using Trick flow heads on my '91 306 N/A and i'm also using Trick flow heads for my 347 ysi. Trick flow is just a good company. So is AFR... If i were buying heads again i'd by TFS or AFR.

its not the best setup you could have, but for the price, its great. look at the numbers a lot of guys are putting down with the TF setup. also, getting everything as a package and not worrying about how parts are going to work together is also nice.

I have a anderson package going in my aod car. wedge heads and there cam put over 322hp and 344lbft to the wheels. Thats 380 at the flywheel! That should net me exactly 300 to the wheels through my aod. Yeah, there is a reason people use tfs heads. There chit works!

Quality stuff thats tried and true, why wouldn't you want to use there stuff?

So there is a hand full of companies that people know and trust to build heads, some of those companies make intake manifolds as well and there is a few cam companies for off the shelf and 3-4 to make a custom grinds. Do the math, so many foxbody cars out there and we all buy from the same people, you can only have so many combinations.