San Diego cruise July 10th????

• Sponsors (?)

L8 MUSL said:
Yeah, the whole car. The paint is just wasted and I have dings and dents that need to get fixed. I should receive my new custom cowl and my carpet kit today :D
Now it's time to save for my AFR heads.
Thats great !
the AFR heads flow pretty good. I was thinking of trying out that new Trickflow intake box on my 89 gt :nice: I can't wait to see your car.

Fred :flag:

Sorry I missed the Q and dyno day, but I'm tentatively down with this. I love driving the backroads of SD. Here's a route that my friends and I took a few months ago. I can attest that these roads are REALLY fun, especially Highland Valley, Mesa Grande, and Palomar Mtn.

map.jpg

This whole route would probably be too long for this cruise, though.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 63
LTDScott said:
Sorry I missed the Q and dyno day, but I'm tentatively down with this. I love driving the backroads of SD. Here's a route that my friends and I took a few months ago. I can attest that these roads are REALLY fun, especially Highland Valley, Mesa Grande, and Palomar Mtn.

map.jpg

This whole route would probably be too long for this cruise, though.

Thanks for the map Scott. One thing we might consider is to skip breakfast at Henshaw (maybe just stop there briefly) and push on up to Mothers Kitchen on Palomar Mtn for breakfast then on to the observatory. The initial leg of the cruise to Henshaw is only about 35 minutes or so anyway. From Henshaw to Mothers Kitchen is probably only another 25 minutes at most. We'd have a better chance at lighter traffic on the east route up the mtn then.

I agree that the other roads (Mesa Grande,etc.) are alot of fun, but we'll have to save them for a longer cruise. :)

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 57
We are going to have to be EXTREMELY careful going up to the top of the mountain due to all the sportbikes that are up there on the weekend. The chance of a bike going down on that mountain is astonomical and the last thing we want is for a biker to slide down the hill as we are going up and one of us rolls right over top of him. I am sorry for the graphic nature, but I have been up there on the bike before and the swarm of sporties is mind boggeling, especially if its a nice day.

That's a very good point. There could be alot of sportbikes around and the east road up to Palomar is a favorite of theirs. I don't think there's anyway to avoid them - they like Mesa Grande and the other popular roads too. Just don't get crazy and start sliding around turns. Hopefully we can hit it early enough and avoid the bulk of them. This is where some walky talkies could help. I've got a set I can bring along and I think Bill does also. We can warn each other of any dangerous situations.

Dominus_Servi said:
Sounds like a good plan. A little early, but I guess I could drag my lazy ass out of bed. Hey Beau, any word on that intake for the GT's?
last i heard it was still in development, supposed to be coming out around the end of summer if i remember correctly.

Yeah, you're not going to avoid the sport bikers. The area is swarming with them. Last weekend I drove to El Centro via Julian and I was following a pack of them east of Julian on the 78. They were riding pretty spiritedly, but I kept up with them the whole time!

But if you get there early enough, there'll still be dew on the road and the bikers will wait a while.

rinde2.sized.jpg

rinde1.sized.jpg

Attachments

• rinde2.sized.jpg
    rinde2.sized.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 56
  • rinde1.sized.jpg
    rinde1.sized.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 50
Hey Bill/Pierre....That Xylene ended up getting me over 15 mpg on that tank. whether or not it did anything for performance, the stuff boosted my mpg by almost 2 miles. the stuff cost like 4 bucks for the quart. pretty worth it I think. I got it at home depot in the paint section.