Saw a yellow jacked up 05 Saleen yesteray

OregonMustang

May 18, 2004
Newberg,OR
And I must say....even if you are not in love with the 05 body style "self included" it was still McNasty any way you slice it. Fierce was my only thought running through my membrane...pentetraining the deep core of the small pea.

yeah no sound to note...but it sure looked cool. But at over 50K when he passed by I was thinking "SUCKER" LOL ...you could buy 10K worth of parts for the 05 and crush that damn thing. :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

Easy there Mr. Oregon....crush it, you mean beat it in a race? There are many 50k cars out there that are not fast, but its the look they desire rather then speed. Ever heard the term "poor mans corvette"? The Saleen is a poor mans Ferreri :D Unless you buy the new S7 which is twin turbo 750 hp emissions legal superscar, the Saleen is your basic Mustang...just like Shelbys, a styling looking Mustang with a serial number and a stuck up driver :D

Just think, the new shelby cobra coming out next yr is designed by Carrol, engineered by Ford, and assembled by Saleen, just like the Ford GT supercar :nice:

saleenster said:
Easy there Mr. Oregon....crush it, you mean beat it in a race? There are many 50k cars out there that are not fast, but its the look they desire rather then speed. Ever heard the term "poor mans corvette"? The Saleen is a poor mans Ferreri :D Unless you buy the new S7 which is twin turbo 750 hp emissions legal superscar, the Saleen is your basic Mustang...just like Shelbys, a styling looking Mustang with a serial number and a stuck up driver :D

Just think, the new shelby cobra coming out next yr is designed by Carrol, engineered by Ford, and assembled by Saleen, just like the Ford GT supercar :nice:

Well spoken I"m just not into paying 50k for something that is bling. I mean wow...twin turbo...that'a amazing. Well I like the new cobra's but I"m not paying 50k for it. 40K sold....but 50K...I'm getting a vette in that case.

The S7 is prob 125K + not even close....my point was..I'm not paying 50K plus for a mustang period.

when i saw the topic title i thought it was going to be about this nasty lookin 05 saleen that we had in the shop at work had a nasty after market wing and pony decals all over it and i tought the bumper was bad stock but the aftermarket body kit topped it off

While yes you could beat it in a race. You likely won't have the warrantee for when things break. And the $50k is not just for speed. I agree $50 large is more than I would EVER pay for a mustang (At least without it being 500 or more hp). But on the other hand. you couldn't build the saleen for any less than they charge either.

There is also the investment value to consider. But yeah if your main goal is to go fast, you can do it cheaper than with a saleen. I've always liked the styling of saleens, but couldnt bring myself to spend the money on it.