Screwed By Steeda

MyGG

May 14, 2010
Indiana
Just a warning to fellow enthusiast. I ordered a set of stepped spacers for my UCA from Steeda on 8/19 (processed on 8/20) for a total of $9.45. I was called on 8/23 saying there was a mistake and the no shipping charge that their website had used was only good for purchases of $100 or more. Chris said he'd package it in a manilla envelope and send it via U.S. mail for $4. I said fine, whatever, even though I thought it was crap he wanted to charge my for it in the first place. Well I just received the item today (9/7) after calling last week (9/2) and inquiring as to where my part was. I was told that it was shipped on 8/20 and I should just keep waiting for it, because without a tracking number they had no idea where it was. So basically, they forgot to send it out (after their web screw up), charged me $4 to send what amount to 2 washers in a regular envelope with a 44 cent stamp on it, then lied to me about the fact it had been sent out already (obviously no way that it could have been sent on 8/20 when I talked to the guy on 8/23). I for one would rather spend some extra money on my future parts than deal with this crap any further. Sorry Steeda, you just lost all my future business over a matter of $3.50 and some lying to cover your tails!

• Sponsors (?)

Everybody drops the ball sometimes.:(

Steeda could have handled it better and usually does.

Trashing them on this forum over one screw up that happened to you is not the way for you to handle it though.:nono:

If you would call them back and ask to talk to Gus, I'm sure he would take care of you to your satisfaction.

Maybe you're right. Maybe this isn't the best way to handle the situation, but my issue isn't just with 1 screw up. I agree everyone is entitled to mess up now and then, but just admit it. We're talking 1 mistake on the website, another in charging me $4 to put a 44 cent stamp on a package (making an additional 37% profit off of me), and then 2 more lies to me (not the proper packaging which nearly damaged the part, and saying it had already shipped when it hadn't). I mean it's a Mustang and there's plenty of other companies out there.

Maybe I should've called first and tried to work it out, but after 4 issues over $13 I figured I'd be better served by spending 15 minutes on here rather than dealing with them again. With that said though maybe I'll call them and let them know tomorrow, but we'll see.

dude, talk about using a rocket launcher for a sidewalk ant.

:lol: Agreed. It's not like you didn't get your Procharger on time. It's a washer, was waiting a few extra days gonna take away from the satisfaction of installing the washer? I can understand being frustrated, but just like you said about not wanting to spend your time on the phone talking to them again, I wouldn't have even put the effort into this rant.

I dunno about thrashing Steeda. I bottomed out my '04 in a driveway in San Diego (they love their very high inclined entrances and driveways!) and basically snapped my Steeda rear swaybar off right at the driver's side mount. Called Steeda, they said basically show them a receipt and they'd replace it. Couldn't come up with one because my girl had ordered it as a gift. He said he'd still give me 50% off a replacement. Talk about being cool. I never took advantage as shortly after my motor started puking and I new a new Mustang was in my future, but still...they were gonna hook it up. Honestly, I know it sucks for things to get delayed, but saying the way they packaged the part "almost damaged it" is crap. How do you know it was 'almost damaged' unless it was damaged? Otherwise you're just looking for something to bitch about? Was the label crooked or did the stamp have spit stains? Honestly, they might have goofed because of an irregularity in their otherwise very good shipping system, but to kick them in the nuts on a forum over a $10 part is pathetic. I could see, as others have said, you getting bent about them losing a blower or a set of rims or something, and not that any customer isn't important, but I don't see your $10 purchase as even a blip on their radar.

Okay people, let me set this straight. Maybe I have an old mentality here, but I figure if your'e not going to provide customer service w/ a $10 part why would I expect any different from a pricier part? The envelope it was sent in had several cuts nearly all the way through and I was told by the postal employee that it should've been in different packaging. She said that tons of times people package stuff inappropriately and the little envelopes will get torn open by the numerous sets of rollers they have to go through. The items then usually get lost of course. Also, part of my reason for venting was to find out other's experiences. Either there would be a lot with the same or a lot defending Steeda. My main issue was just the improper packaging and the are lies, but apparently I have an unusual case, so I learned something from all this.

I think fundamentally you are right. My suspension parts, fuel rail and strut tower bar are exclusively Steeda and I never had a problem getting those parts from them. But I had two occasions when I needed small replacement parts and had a hell of a time getting any action. The parts were under $10 and I had to call and email several times before I received the parts. It was irritating as ***** but I didn't let it ruin the pleasure of getting everything put together right. Anyway, I feel your pain but don't let it ruin your experience. They're generally a good company to deal with - pricey, but okay.

Basically from what I've gathered Steeda is generally a good company, as long as you've ordered larger or more expensive parts. Just glad to know I'm not the only one with this type of experience. Thanks for the info everyone, even it if involved taking a shot at me. :)