seat foam

aaros

Dec 3, 2004
has anyone restored their seats useing aftermarket seat foam and a leather kit? i was thinking of doing this and wondered how hard it is to get the leather around the foam. Also is there a kit to fix the power lumbar in the drivers seat?

• Sponsors (?)

Those leather seat replacements look look really ghey. Take a look at them once. They look like crap. Just buy aftermarket seats for what you'll have in the stupid leather recovers. What 700.00 bucks for leather recoving plus 100 for foam. Get a set of Corbeaus for as cheap as like 400-500 :D

dont really like the aftermarket seats, personaly i think they look rice. im not looking to "pimp" my car, like the way the stock seats fit (my ass and the car) and the way they look in the car. Plus the car was originally a leather car.

dont really like the aftermarket seats, personaly i think they look rice. im not looking to "pimp" my car, like the way the stock seats fit (my ass and the car) and the way they look in the car. Plus the car was originally a leather car.

..........:nonono: So is an aftermarket momo steering wheel rice? What you gotta understand is people were putting in aftermarket seats in a mustang before the term rice even ment anything. It would be foolish to think a corbeau seat is rice :nono: I hate how people are so ghey about rice lately.

Dude, I said that I thought that I thought that aftermarket seats looked gay, I didn't say anything about momo steering wheels. If, for some reason, you do feel the need to buy a momo wheel for your car then by all means go ahead. I was looking for info on rebuilding my STOCK seats, not a lesson on what you think is rice. I do think that most of the aftermarket seats would look right at home in a full race car or in a civic. just my opinion.

Mustangsally93 - 96 and up cobra seats would be my first choice but ive all but given up on finding any thats not cracked and tore up.

Dude, I said that I thought that I thought that aftermarket seats looked gay, I didn't say anything about momo steering wheels. If, for some reason, you do feel the need to buy a momo wheel for your car then by all means go ahead. I was looking for info on rebuilding my STOCK seats, not a lesson on what you think is rice. I do think that most of the aftermarket seats would look right at home in a full race car or in a civic. just my opinion.

Mustangsally93 - 96 and up cobra seats would be my first choice but ive all but given up on finding any thats not cracked and tore up.

First, you did not say they looked gay, you said they looked rice. Clearly you don't know what rice is! If you want a stock replacement. Buy the new Mach 1 style seat replacements with the seat foam. I'm warning you though, those aftermarket leather seats from places like 50resto are crap. PERIOD

Just a random idea, what about using the foam from one of those mattress toppers? You could hook yourself up with some really groovy memory-foam seats and cover 'em with whatever you prefer (cloth, leather, whatever) and have some WAY comfy OEM seats... :shrug:

ok mustangowner tell me, why are they crap. is it the fit? is it the quality of the material? are the parts cut off center? have you ever installed any? did you do it over the old broke down foam or did you install the new corvering over new foam?
yes i have been around long enough to know what I think rice is.

Mustangowner...you are a tool. if the guy wants to put OEM leather seats in his car let him. I happen to agree that aftermarket seats look kinda ricey too. Just an opinion. Did your post help this thread in any way! No.

Original Poster. I think if you get new foam and do a quality job recovering the seats they will come out great. You could also look in to bringing the car to an upholstery shop and buying all the material yourself?! I dont know how crazy you are when it comes to sewing/stitching?

The 94-95 seats are amazingly comfortable...you might want to spend a little time searching coral and ebay for mint condition leather seats from a gt or cobra! good luck

I thought about taking the seats to a shop but saw a place on ebay that had the foam and thought that it might make a good winter project. seats, carpet and various other small items.
I use to have a memory foam mattress, talk about some good sleepin!

Do any of you read the 5.0 mustang and super fords mag? (Also known as '05 Mustangs and super fords) Well the "Fox 500" project, they had the stock seats reupholstered and new seat foam... Take a long in the mag. or maybe online and you'll see how ghey it looks. It looks really bad :notnice:

I know I'm a little late on this post but.....I just installed new seat foam and leather covers from 5.0 Resto and...The foam is great, the qaulity of the covers is great but the color sucks..I ordered opal gray for my 93 Cobra and ordered a spray can of Opal gray to paint my console plate and they are 2 totally different colors and neither matches the interior of the car. I'm now waiting for every gray color sample they have and I'm planning on reordering covers. That was $700 wasted for the wrong color. That's my 2 cents.

I know I'm a little late on this post but.....I just installed new seat foam and leather covers from 5.0 Resto and...The foam is great, the qaulity of the covers is great but the color sucks..I ordered opal gray for my 93 Cobra and ordered a spray can of Opal gray to paint my console plate and they are 2 totally different colors and neither matches the interior of the car. I'm now waiting for every gray color sample they have and I'm planning on reordering covers. That was $700 wasted for the wrong color. That's my 2 cents.

Not to stand behind 5.0 (although I have never had a problem with them) but you have to remember, you are trying to match a car that has been around for 14-15 years. Stuff isnt' going to be the same color it was then. But then agian, sometimes companies screw up.

Just my .02 ..........

I've never had a problem with 5.0 either but you missed my point. The opal dye they sent me is a totally different color than the opal seat covers. And neither match the opal interior in my car. They didn't match their 2 products together much less match what I needed. The seat covers look almost white compared to my interior. They are sending me more samples and I'll post when I figure out what color they sent. I still plan on using 5.0Resto though. I've had good luck with them up until now. This is pretty typical of how my stuff goes anyway.

Gotcha now. I see your point ( I don't worry to much about exact matching as I am color blind and can't tell anyway)

Keep us posted. I have been seriously thinking about the "back in black" package for seats, door, and headliner to redo my very faded and worn out black interior. But I guess I will build the 351 first then make the car clean....