Seat Material...

Repostyle

Jun 11, 2005
Portland, OR
I'm going to order new upholstery from LRS and I'm thinking about going with the two tone (black centers with white) for the 7-up.

My question is. I think stock is vinyl, is this correct? Or are my seats just so old and worn out the leather has hardend and they feel like vinyl? I kind of want to go leather but the white tonneau cover for my top is leather and it's like a dirt magnet. When ever I put it on it shows all the folds where dirt has built up and finger prints if my hands aren't freshly washed.

• Sponsors (?)

Nobody knows the answer to this question? Nobody???

I did a search on the forums and found nothing on seat material other than "What do you think of these seats".

I'm getting conflicting reports on the net. Some sites say that stock is leather on the front side of the front seats with vinyl backs and vinyl rear seat (Which is what I think is right). Others say they're all leather.

I still haven't decided if I'm going vinyl or leather from LMR, anybody have the vinyl from LMR? Hows the feel, and look. Is it obvious that they're vinyl, or is it a pretty good leather knock-off?

Deoends on the year. I think the SN95's were "leather trimmed" with vinyl rear seats.

Your Fox may have complete leather F&R

Light colored leather is high maintainence. I have light grey leather in my G35 and i gotta clean it all the time...esp the driver's seat. Drive me nuts.

However, if you don't drive much, so might not be an issue

Yeh i think that the seating area is leather with teh rest vinyl. White would be a pita to keep clean but thats the color that the 7-up cars came with isnt it.
I asked the LMR guy about some cloth for my car but i think he's been out for the holidays, maybe they can chime in after the first of the week.