big blue fuzzy closet monster
Founding Member
See the Motorcycle?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 311
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 285
  • Sponsors (?)

I hate people that ride crotch rockets. EVERYTIME I see them on the road they're either weaving in and out of traffic, doing wheelies(on busy roads), or just speeding(and not normal 10-over-speeding).

I have no sympathy when idiots kill themselves on bikes. It's when they take innocent people with them that it's a tragedy. Fortunately, it's not very often.

:notnice:

Taranis said:
I have several good friends that ride crotch rockets and wanted one myself until the other half vetoed that decision. I can tell you that they are very conscious about how they drive.

I work with several people that own bikes(all crotch rockets). One I know of is careful; the rest are crazy and brag about it. The one that's careful actually gets left behind when riding with some of the others from work.

So I understand that not ALL crotch rocket people do stupid stuff. But you have to admit that a HUGE majority are wreckless.

I used to ride a sport bike ( I hate the term "crotch rocket") and rode them from about '86 until my son was born in '00. I consider myself both a safe rider and in the minority. I also consider myself a safer car driver than about 99% of the general public. I don't use my cel phone or read or fool with the CD player in traffic, and I try hard not to let my temper get the better of me.I quit riding my bike because of stupid moves by people in cars, they pull out in front of you, change lanes into your lane, and generally threaten your life everytime you ride by sheer stupidity. My point is, it doesn't matter whether you're in a car or on a bike, stupid people do stupid things, blaming the vehicle (i.e. " all crotch rocket riders are...) is pure ignorance. That being said, did anyone notice the bike involved? It looks to be a Honda RC30, and extremely rare, extremely expensive sportbike that I for one would have loved to have owned. They only made about 200, too bad that one belonged to a dead person.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]I hate people that ride crotch rockets. EVERYTIME I see them on the road they're either weaving in and out of traffic, doing wheelies(on busy roads), or just speeding(and not normal 10-over-speeding).[/QUOTE]

As Zookeeper said that comment is just ignorant. That is like me saying I hate everyone that drives a car. Everytime I see them on the road while riding my bike they pull out in front of me, merge into me, or generally do not pay attention and I almost pay for it with my life. :nonono: I am not justifying the sTuNt4z or whatever they call themselves. They are not the majority of the sportbike community, just the one that gets noticed ;)

On the pics that started this thread:

If you are riding 155mph on a public roadway you are a dumbass, If you are riding 155mph on a public roadway with CROSS STREETS you might be the biggest dumbass I have ever heard of. It is a shame other people had to pay for your stupidity with their lives. Another view on the accident, I am not defending the riders actions in anyway. The car did pull out in front of the biker. If the rider was only 362 feet away when he pulled out, it was too close, even 500 would have been too close. The only innocent party here would be the passenger in the car. Accidents like these go to show both sides (driver and rider) have huge responsibilties when they share the road.

PAY ATTENTION!

How is it ignorant to say the majority are wreckless and stupid?:shrug:

This is the case where I live, and I can go outside right now, and make observations to justify my claims. I also recognize the fact that I live by a large commuter University where several students ride sportbikes because parking is better for them than it is for cars.
So yes, I see A LOT of kids in their early 20's acting like dumbasses on sportbikes. I don't know how old you all are, but you are obviously more mature, and like I said, you are the minority.

But the way I see it, I too am a 21 yr-old student, and you don't see me doing stupid **** on a sportbike.

I totally expected other bike riders to react the way you did. But can you honestly sit there and say MOST SPORTBIKE riders are careful? Maybe Harley's or those old people cruiser bikes(the one with radios that looks like they weigh 3,000lbs), but not sportbikes.
From what I have personally seen on the roads, I say that your claiming most sportbike riders are safe, is ignorant. I also have friends in law enforcement that can back me up on this(scrape a couple of these bastards off the ground, and you'll agree).

I just noticed where you live. I can imagine things are a bit different in FL than they are in OH. Regardless I can tell you without a doubt no matter where you live the people you seem to hate so much are in fact the minority. Unfortunately they are also the ones that garner the most attention.

68rustang said:
I just noticed where you live. I can imagine things are a bit different in FL than they are in OH. Regardless I can tell you without a doubt no matter where you live the people you seem to hate so much are in fact the minority. Unfortunately they are also the ones that garner the most attention.

At least we found some middle ground on this.
I also know a couple girls that ride. One of the girls has a dad that used to ride Harleys, and her family is from Pa. I remember when her parents came down to visit, she noted to her dad that the trend down here is to ride with the helmet strapped on the seat instead of wearing it. So maybe people are just particularly stupid down here.

When I'm driving and I notice a sportbike sharing the road with me, I imagine the dumbest thing they can do, and I'm usually right. But that's how I avoid accidents, no thanks to the riders.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]How is it ignorant to say the majority are wreckless and stupid?:shrug:

This is the case where I live, and I can go outside right now, and make observations to justify my claims. I also recognize the fact that I live by a large commuter University where several students ride sportbikes because parking is better for them than it is for cars.
So yes, I see A LOT of kids in their early 20's acting like dumbasses on sportbikes. I don't know how old you all are, but you are obviously more mature, and like I said, you are the minority.

But the way I see it, I too am a 21 yr-old student, and you don't see me doing stupid **** on a sportbike.

I totally expected other bike riders to react the way you did. But can you honestly sit there and say MOST SPORTBIKE riders are careful? Maybe Harley's or those old people cruiser bikes(the one with radios that looks like they weigh 3,000lbs), but not sportbikes.
From what I have personally seen on the roads, I say that your claiming most sportbike riders are safe, is ignorant. I also have friends in law enforcement that can back me up on this(scrape a couple of these bastards off the ground, and you'll agree).[/QUOTE]
Jeez, I don't want to start a Holy War and I doubt it would change either of our minds, but here's my opinion: you are judging ALL sportbike riders by the guys you see doing stupid stuff. That's about as narrow minded as you can get, and here's why, you have not met the majority of any group have you? The way I see it, you're calling me a liar and lumping me in with the clowns you see riding sportbikes (For crissake, please stop saying "crotch rocket"). There's an idiot a few blocks from here that drives a '66 coupe, would you like me to lump you in with him based soley on what you drive? I bought my first sportbike when I was 23 (about the same year you were born), and it was a 1200cc, 125hp monster. I never even got a speeding ticket on it because I treated it with respect. Bikes don't kill people, people kill people whether it's on the road, with a gun or a baseball bat. A motorcycle is an inanimate object and is totally harmless until a human acts upon it, whether it's a cruiser, touring bike, sportbike or dirt bike. Like it or not, those are facts. If you take a reckless driver out of a car and put him on a bike, does it make him more or less safe? Idiots are idiots, period. Also, it's kind of tough to take the old, worn out "wait-till-we-have-to-scrape-dummies-like-you-off-the-road-at-2-in-the-morning" speech from a cop (they must teach that speech at the academy) let alone a 21 year old know-it-all.

Why don't you read all of my posts, instead of just picking out the ones you don't like?

As I've pointed out in posts youv seem to ignore, I live in an area where bike riders are far dumbers than the average would suggest. Just last week we had 18 or so fatalities from bikes accidents. That's just in one week.
How hard is it to accept that people on bikes in my area are idiots, regardless of where you live.

Yes, someone with a '66 coupe in your area may be an idiot. I'm willing to accept that. What is your problem?

not to stereotype here, but people who souped up crotch rockets tend to be younger males that have an ego the size of texas and think they are invincible. i am a younger male and i have lost many friends that were killed on these crotch rockets, anything can be dangerous just as easy as anyone can be dangerous.