Selling my 88GT, need some opinions $$$

fost9508

Aug 28, 2004
Ok, I haven't posted in a long time mainly because I don't have time to work on my Mustant, so I have decied to sell it. It is a 88GT 5 spd Mustang. I would appreciate it if people could help me determine what I should ask for it. I would like a low and high number from each person if possible. Here is a quick run down of the vehichle.

1) 124K miles on the car.
2) Paint is fading, when I wax the car paint is on the rags.
3) Front door speaker grills have broken off...need to be repaired
4) Head light switch housing broken...need to be repaired.
5) Left rear bumper ground effect has a hole in it where muffler burned through.
6) A/C system has not worked for years. Probably needs to be taken to a shop and repaired, seals, new coolant, ect...
7) Driver side seat leans towards center of car.
8) I never have been able to clear codes 94, 44....but it runs fine.
9) Windshield needs to be replaced.
10) Surging idle....never was able to figure out what the problem was. It stops surging after driving for a few mintues.

The car runs pretty strong for having a 124K on it. Pretty new Yokohama Z rated tires....cobra rims.

Here are some pictures

View attachment 465333 Side Shot

View attachment 465335 Interior

View attachment 465337 Hood After being waxed.

View attachment 465338 Engine Compartment

View attachment 465340 Broken switch housing

I live in San Diego, thanks guys...

fost9508

• Sponsors (?)

we paid 1,500 for a car in worse shape then that door needed replaced deck lid, windshield and the rear end needed replaced along with paint water pump a new driver seat, tires, shocks and with what they guy told us was 106,000 miles but with the car fax we found out it was over 170,000 miles.

id say a low of 2,500 and a high of 4,000

you should get somewhere in between there

BTW where are you located?

All that car needs are some parts from a 5.0 Restoration catalog to be perfect....well that and paint.

But for the most part the body seems fine and there is no rust.

Wow thanks guys...I was thinking way lower then that. I bluebooked it....which was way off. Anyway I posted where I live at the bottom of the post...so you probably all missed it.

SAN DIEGO....

Thanks again. If you don't mind me asking...how much would you say it would cost to get the A/C running. Also..the paint is in pretty bad shape.....I am not sure what the previous owner did, but I don't think the color is stock. I think he may have had it repainted but didn't have a clearcoat put own. Now the paint doesn't even take wax very evenly what are you thoughts on that as far as being a sticking point during the sale?

fost9508

Well, I drove the car to work with the intentions of taking pictures of the car for some ads. Long story short...i love driving the car so much I couldn't bring myself to selling it. So now things have changed and I need to think about how best to store the car. I don't have a lot of time or money to do a lot of long term storage stuff, but would like some thoughts on the issue. Let me know if there is a better place to post this. Here is some info:

1) Storing the car for about a year.
2) Outdoor storage untill indoor comes available.
3) The car will be started and driven around the storage facility every so often (how often I am open to suggestion.)
4) I have a fabric car cover for the car.

Thanks again guys.

fost9508