Selling my gt and need a price

How much should I ask for my 90 gt?
It has pony wheels, bbk shorty headers, mac cat hpipe, mac catback, steeda pedals, auto, 142000 miles. The ac is ice cold but the heater does not work because the heater core went out so I just bypassed it. The paint is a little faded and the rear main seal leaks some. I have 2 kids now so I cant use it for a family car anymore.

• Sponsors (?)

The sad part is that mods hardly do anything but decrease the value of the car. Your better off putting the stock parts back on and selling the parts seperatly. You can play the innocent girl with an old mustang she wound up with and needs a minivan sceme. But then again all you really have is exaust, so if it's not worth the labor to change out exaust then it's just going to have to go with the car. Automatics aren't as desirable so I would say between $3000 - $4500.

5 k might be much...you ask too much and people won't even look. Most people know the seller will negotiate a little, but most don't come down a grand or more, which is probably what the selling price would be. I wouldn't expect to get more than 4k (depending on where you live, that may vary), so I'd ask a little more than 4k and come down if necessary...

id say 3.5 or lower, u can ask 5 but im saying ur not gona get alot for it, of course u could always do what 90stang said and play the poor girl with a gass eating stang, or expect to get not a whole lot for it, u may be able to get 4 if ur lucky, its true if u look at what it has u wont get to much, but it could look good, now that i think of it my brother had a 93 aod gt with flows only but it looked really good and we put it on ebay and got offered like 5k didnt sell it cause reserve was like 6 but if it sounds good that attracts people and if it looks good the price could go up, depends on the person who is looking for it really, but i would start at around 4500, good luck

Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking around $3000 but I guess I'll start off higher and then come down if it doesn't sell. I'm not in a huge hurry and I want to make sure I get as much as I can for it. My exhaust was welded together (stupid mistake at the exhaust shop) so it's definitely staying on the car. I just didn't want to go to the trouble of trying to replace the heater core and I thought that might bring the value down some.

You obviously don't love the car enough. Not a family car? My first car was an old Fox body, given to me by my parents- which means I was raised in that very car myself. I don't remember it ever being a problem, and I was the kid getting stuffed in the back seat. My mom raved about the hatchback all the time, as my wife does with hers. There was more than enough room for four people, especially if two of those people aren't adults yet. I fail to see the dilemma. Now, if you can't afford it anymore, that's something else entirely- but if that's the case, you won't get anything else worth buying or more affordable to maintain for the price this car will fetch. Just my $.02
More on topic- I have found that the AOD cars are actually worth more, not only because it was an expensive option but because they tend to have not been beat on as hard. The way you will get the most for it is as everyone said- pull the mods and put them on ebay, and put the stock stuff back on and clean it up really well. The exhaust is the exception to the rule, as selling a car with a new exhaust is a good feature. (notice I did not say performance exhaust- just NEW) it is also important that everything works. Unless you can't get any kind of deal having the heater core replaced, it's in your best interest to not have to tell potential buyers that it failed so you bypassed it. They will wonder what other things you mickeymoused in there because you didn't want to fix them. On the other hand, "all it really needs is a heater core" isn't bad for a stang this old, if in fact everything else works right down to the ashtray door. 142K isn't really high miles for a '90, my '91 had 155K when I bought it, and it's over 234K now. But, it will have to run well and look good. I still would be surprised if you get much more than $3000 for it, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't ask more. I'd start over $4000 and see what happens. Good luck

I paid 1000 bux for my 82 GT, and come to find out its a car that is rather saught after.Running with a few minor problems you could say. Hardly any rust under it, and for a car in maine with little rust its amazing. A little bit of body work (my fault) and a few interor items like rug and dash. And im all set. It even came with brand new rubber and 3 of 4 of the origonal trx wheels that came with the good suspension option. I made out like a bandit. :D

I bought my car for $2350. Bad paint/rust, bad top, leaking valve covers and rear main, 106k miles. About the only thing done to the car was the exhaust, and they put straight pipes with an unknown mufflers. All they say is "Made in America" and "A <-----> B". I've been told they maybe flows, but I don't know. They also welded the exhaust so if I remove it, it will be a pain.
As long as there isn't any signs of rust, and the engine sounds good, you should be able to get $3000 at least.