Sequential turn-signal lighting (2005 GT)

sajawebb

Apr 4, 2004
I drive a 2001 convertible V-6, but can't wait to boogie on over to my local ford dealership :spot: and get the new '05 GT. I heard a rumor that the turn signals had sequential lighting. Does anyone know if this is true? I suppose you could have that type of thing modified anyway, as I saw that type of turn signal on an 2000+ Cobra a few months ago. Just curious.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sure the aftermarket will get into it. Right now you can buy sequential taillight kits from $70-$250 for 96 and newer stangs. I know with the top of the line models (most expensive), you just change out the flasher (under dash), and wiring harness to the taillights. The cheaper ones require you to solder in and cut wiring......it's up to you how you wanna go about it........but it will probably be offered within the first couple of months after the mustang intro in september

Someone was quoted saying it wouldn't have them.

Buying and installing them is VERY easy.
I've done it 3 times already.
Webelectric products has by far the easiest kit to install.

-change out flasher unit (to slow down the flashrate)
-crimp in 3 quick splices on each light assembly (6 total)
-switch middle/outer light sockets

Took me about 20 minutes to do
And it looks like the 05 will have roughly (if not THE) same type of wiring harness...so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks Boomer, http://www.webelectricmagazine.com/products.htm
has exellent flashing examples of sequential mustang turn-sigs. Looks simple, but when I read the online install, i took them out of my shopping cart. Said if they flash too fast...too slow...etc do this do that. Since I'd like them to flash just right, I'll wait awhile, but thanks for the info. Not to change the thread, but did I read that someone pre-ordered an 05 GT??? How can you pre-order?

Honestly...its not as hard as you think...

I had a tougher time...as i bought another set first (which will remain nameless)
and the sequencer unit was between the assembly and the frame. I think water got in there, or the freezing winter we had ...messed it up bad....

So I ordered the set from webelectric and it was WAY easier than brand 'x'.
Although I thought it would be a straight replacement...I did have to return the harness to original specs...sort of.
Anyway, they work :) And it is easy.
You can also order a ready to go harness and send them back the old one to get a refund....thats the easy way to go ;)

Ok, boomer, bit the bullet and bought the prewired harness. will let you know how it turns out. ordered it overnight express, so it probably happen this w/e. later and thanks for the encouragement to do it. :nice:

Piece of cake...took 45 minutes...they look awesome...i thought i would not like the sequential brake lights, but they actually increase stopping visibility...and the turns sigs are way cool. Once again, thanks for the info Boomer!!! I hope I can use the harness in my 05 GT when I pick mine up in January. :D :D :D :D :D

Nice eh?
Told ya.

I've had mixed results. Some people don't notice them at ALL...i actually have to point it out.
Mustang people notice it right away.
And just recently I've had someone yell at me in traffic, asking me how I did that!

Now as you can see from the prewired harness, it wasn't that much work...but you got the nice plug 'n play version :)

Your right, it is brighter...reason....
All 3 lights come on instead of 2 when stopping.
That was the first thing I noticed...then I couldn't stop staring at them.
Glad you enjoy