Roush series iv pulley

03s281sc

Mar 31, 2005
maryland
ok, i havent been on here or barely drove my car for months and i took it out last night and got whipped by a honda that sounded like it was on crack.

so... my car is tuned for a 3'' reichard racing pulley but that pulley was a pos and i need a new one, chicane makes a 2.97 and pulley boys makes a 2.9 and 2.8, does any have any experience with these pulleys and would the 2.8 be too small to fit over the blower snout? i kinda like the idea behind the boost the 2.8 would make

• Sponsors (?)

U got whooped by a honda and you ran 12.0@114?
Sounds like a fast honda, so i wouldn't be all that broken up about it.
Did you have drag radials on the car when you raced the honda? If not, get some 18 bfg drag radials. FWD cars on the street never hook.

What's wrong with the RR pulley, RR generally makes pretty quality stuff.

U got whooped by a honda and you ran 12.0@114?
Sounds like a fast honda, so i wouldn't be all that broken up about it.
Did you have drag radials on the car when you raced the honda? If not, get some 18 bfg drag radials. FWD cars on the street never hook.

What's wrong with the RR pulley, RR generally makes pretty quality stuff.

neither car had radials but i can still get my kdw2's to hook pretty good on the street. as for the rr pulley, the holes ovaled out making the pulley wobble on the blower, and yes i tightened them and checked them again after a couple hundred miles of driving and it still happened, it was like the aluminum was really soft and the holes were bigger than the size of the bolts on the blower snout. i called them too and got a dickhead response pretty much saying they didnt want to deal with me.

The Chicane pulley will fit fine. Although, I think their 66 mm pulley tranlates to a bit smaller than 2.97 inches. I'm running one on my Extreme with no problems. I thought I might get some slippage....but so far so good. If you get it, make sure you get the 4-bolt new generation pulley (for the Series IV and V Whipples), rather than the 1-bolt Series II pulley.

I went from a 3.5 inch pulley to the Chicane 66 mm pulley and Chicane Intercooler and picked up 42 RWHP/87 RWTQ.

if you dont have a mosaleen idler pulley for your car...you really need to get one. And I agree...if you ran a 12.0 and got whooped by a honda...dont be so sad about it...obviously it was a stupid fast honda lol that would show a c5 z06 some tail lights too. I've had good radials and i had bfg's dr's on my old saleen...there is no substitute for the grip out of those dr's...they were awesome....but the ability to have fun in the twisties took a hit

i already have the mosaleen idler, its worth double in my opinion. Knock on wood, i used to go through belts like underwear and i havent broke 1 belt since i installed the idler... also relieved me of so many headaches with the dealer not having to take my car there wondering why a belt wouldnt stay on or not shread.

as for the honda, i talked to a buddy who happened to know some one who knew someone and the honda was a two thousand and some odd pound hatch with a k20 motor swap and turbo... i guess in the honda world thats fast

if you dont have a mosaleen idler pulley for your car...you really need to get one. And I agree...if you ran a 12.0 and got whooped by a honda...dont be so sad about it...obviously it was a stupid fast honda lol that would show a c5 z06 some tail lights too. I've had good radials and i had bfg's dr's on my old saleen...there is no substitute for the grip out of those dr's...they were awesome....but the ability to have fun in the twisties took a hit