seriously i need help... dont trash this thread plz~!

• Sponsors (?)

HAHAHHAHA.... listen to this... it was garbage day today and i parked in the drive way, my dad got up befor i did... and needed to get some smokes, walks in my room grabs my keys and takes my car... he forgot to take the sunroof off, as soon as he got on a main road it fliped out and shatter'd... so dad bought me a complete replacement kit from the junk yard.. its like brand new... one scratch on the window, no big deal... well all i have to do is pay for the installation, $200 bucks, but its better then the 400 i was quoted when i first broke it.. so the problem is solved!!

Dammit...

My suggestion would have done well. :mad:

No really... I work on jets for a living and I've occationally had to seal up something for one-time flight to home station. It works well.

Daggar said:
Position the sunroof in place.
Tape off the gap in the sunroof with painter's tape.
Apply a liberal amount of BLACK RTV to the gap all the way around the sunroof and finish it off with a plastic puddy knife.
Allow it to cure a full 48 hours before removing the tape.

Whola... leaks and dropped objects are erradicated.

90mustang_GT5.0 said:
hey daggar 2 days ago i went to aco/ace hardware... and they never even heard of rtv tape, when can you go to get some? just incase i gotta patch somthing else up!

:lol::lol: :lol:

:nonono:

stykthyn said:
if you dont want the sunroof a piece of sheetmetal, some RTV sealant and pop rivets will take care of it. you can weld it, but you are most likely going to warp the roof.
if you really want to keep the sunroof I am afraid you are at the mercy of whatever shop you take it to.

Thats what i was thinking:nice:

PS: RTV is a liquid sealer. It comes in tubes and can be found at any Car Parts Store like Autozone...

It comes in blue (for water pump), red (Hi-temp for like an intake), black (general use) and silver (never used it) :nice:

really hard to believe you've never heard of the stuff lol. You must not have a Haynes Manual either...it says to use it on everything, but Im glad you found one, even though 200 bucks sounds rediculous to put it in if it is the same as what was already there :shrug:

yeah well when i lost the roof at 50mph, it broke the plastic tracks/ and the housing on the glass... so when i drove it i had to take it out by hand, when i parked i'd put it in by hand just incase if it rain'd.. we'll it was suppost to rain so i had it in... lol dad took the wrong car to the store.. he had a bad day all day.. mine got better cuz i saved 90bucks... lol