Service engine soon light

I just installed steeda underdrives and also put on a new alternator because the center of my broke off while we were puttin on the pulleys and now my service engine soon light is on and will blink if i accelerate hard, in the manual it says its an "exhaust malfunction" or the car is misfiring. Did i mess up the timing and if so can ford fix it at the dealership....

• Sponsors (?)

You shouldn't have thrown the timing off. Have the code scanned at autozone and post it up. A flashing CEL usually means there is potential to damage the cats. I think more help would be available with the actual code...

Jay

how much does it cost to get the code scanned? I'm gettin ready to go to europe for 17 days and am trying to save money, i leave monday morning and would like to at least know what the problem is before i fly away, thanks for your help...

I just got the codes pulled at autozone and the guy was thankfully a mustang owner, ha, the codes were cylinder 1 and 6 misfiring, he told me to just check the coil packs and see if all the electrical connections were tight, i popped the hood and wiggled the coils and pushed all the connectors, turned on the car and the light was off(im guessing he cleared it). Then i drove the 10-15 miles home and i drove it hard and the light hasnt came back on, maybe i just leaned on a plug or something and loosened it when i was installing the pulleys or alt, so far so good but if it comes back on ill post again. Thanks for everyones help, the owners manual is so vague.

B