Setup reccomendation... tweecer? cam?

beanplant

Founding Member
Jun 25, 2002
KC MO
I don't have my car yet, but I plan on getting an GT-40 or Trick Flow intake (probably GT-40 cuz it's cheaper), 3.73s, and full exhaust. Would you recommend a cam with this setup? or is it pointless? If so, which cam?

Also, would you reccomend getting a tweecer without the cam? With the cam? I don't want to waste $400 on something that wouldn't really benefit me much. I'm a lil tight on the wallet.

Thanks
-Shaun

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't do a cam until you do the heads. Not much gain to be had, and in fact it would be easy to *lose* power by changing the cam (the HO cam is pretty good for the stock setup). I would skip the TwEECer until you need it, you can get some benefit from it even with a mostly stock setup, but not $550 worth.

Dave

Thanks Dave. So I'll jsut stick with the intake until I can come up with enough money for a cam and heads. I did find a cool website where this guy basically re-does the stock heads. And they outflow the GT-40x. But they are a hell of a lot cheaper. Here's the website....
http://www.jlmcylinderheads.com/
I might have to try that, looks pretty interesting.... But I still need a car first lol.