Severe idle problems after TB/Plenum/O/R X-pipe install

Well, of course, the problems came back... Started the car up today and it was giving me problems instantly.

I don't understand how the hell I can go 65mi with no problems, then have problems again all of the sudden.

• Sponsors (?)

Any time you make changes to the intake you need to be restting the PCM. If during the course of your troubleshooting you are not resetting it after each change then you are just wasting your time, kinda like you wasted your money on a POS aftermarket TB...

Also your DIY MIL eliminators are probably not helping...

Any time you make changes to the intake you need to be restting the PCM. If during the course of your troubleshooting you are not resetting it after each change then you are just wasting your time, kinda like you wasted your money on a POS aftermarket TB...

Also your DIY MIL eliminators are probably not helping...

I am resetting the computer each time... Also, I figured the TB would be decent, being MAC and all.

What is the "hole" in the TB blade that you speak of? My BBK TB has no such hole and I have missing problems @ very light throttle input between 1000-1700RPMs....and the same RPM at slightly heavier throttle loads has 0 miss. Wonder if thats whats causing it :nonono: .

So yea TS see if your TB blade has a hole in it...if not, maybe thats your issue.

it's there to smooth the transition from closed throttle to part throttle. If the car runs better witht he stock TB then drill a hole the exact same size in the aftermarket TB

Easy fix, been there done that.

Disconnect the AIC, adjust the throttle body idle screw to get you a good idle, shut it off, disconnect the battery, plug in AIC, reconnect the battery,,,done

Unfortunately I'm thinking it's not the idle, as sometimes the car idles fine for tens of stops in a row. Plus, I have problems off-idle sometimes.

What ever man.

What I told you will fix this problem:

"It's very random, sometimes at a stop the car will repeatedly drop to ~200rpm and then rev up to 1500, sometimes it will die completely while doing this. Sometimes it will sputter while driving at 1300rpm."

This up and down is the AIC trying to make idle....

Yes you might have other problems, but ANYTIME you replace the throttle body you must set the idle mechanically before the AIC will work.

Good luck

What ever man.

"It's very random, sometimes at a stop the car will repeatedly drop to ~200rpm and then rev up to 1500, sometimes it will die completely while doing this. Sometimes it will sputter while driving at 1300rpm."

Yes you might have other problems, but ANYTIME you replace the throttle body you must set the idle mechanically before the AIC will work.

Good luck

I'll try it, but I'm not too optimistic... We'll see though. I'm assuming that you meant IAC like Kilgore said?

What ever man.

Good luck

Oh by the way, I did this, and like I anticipated, it didn't help at all.

:nice: go get your car tuned.you cant just throw parts on the car and expecpt it to work like it did stock!!!!..get rid of the home made mills...and get your car tuned by somebody that knows what their doing!!!:D

:nice: go get your car tuned.you cant just throw parts on the car and expecpt it to work like it did stock!!!!..get rid of the home made mills...and get your car tuned by somebody that knows what their doing!!!:D

I just loaded a custom tune by Brenspeed and shut off the rear o2s... Still getting codes (these are for upstream o2s)

Have any exhaust leaks?

My car was overall running poorly, especially idling bad and stalling. Turns out I had leaks at the the header collector (to the x pipe just behind the o2's) and once that was fixed it started running like a champ again.

Have any exhaust leaks?

My car was overall running poorly, especially idling bad and stalling. Turns out I had leaks at the the header collector (to the x pipe just behind the o2's) and once that was fixed it started running like a champ again.

No exhaust leaks that I know of, also checked for vacuum leaks several times and found none.

I'm gonna pick up a new o2 sensor in the morning and see if I can't get one or both codes to go away.

I guess if that doesn't work, I'll be taking the plenum and TB back off and checking extremely thoroughly for leaks