Shaker 1000 comments, how does it sound

• Sponsors (?)

Why would you pay 1200 for something worth 600? For 122 I was able to get an alpine cda 7995 MP3 player. 2 sets of kicker components (4 mids and 4 tweeters) and 2 10" kicker solobaric l7 subs. a 300.4 and a 600.1 for amps. Was all nice and clean and installed great. Then i had my accident and the ford guys messed it all up and my subs ending up blowing...

That system hit so much harder than the mach 1000. Some friends and time make a great install. Buying new subs and gonna fiberglass my trunk so that I can still fit stuff, and then have a fiberglass take off over the wheel well, so I can acess it.

BlackArtemis said:
Why would you pay 1200 for something worth 600? For 122 I was able to get an alpine cda 7995 MP3 player. 2 sets of kicker components (4 mids and 4 tweeters) and 2 10" kicker solobaric l7 subs. a 300.4 and a 600.1 for amps. Was all nice and clean and installed great. Then i had my accident and the ford guys messed it all up and my subs ending up blowing...

That system hit so much harder than the mach 1000. Some friends and time make a great install. Buying new subs and gonna fiberglass my trunk so that I can still fit stuff, and then have a fiberglass take off over the wheel well, so I can acess it.

Just because it hits "hard" doesnt mean it sounds good. I just want to know if the shaker 1000 sounds clean with some large amount of bass punch. In my expereince $122? never bought anything good when it came to a decent car audio system. I think I could build a pretty good sounding system but it would take up a lot more room in the trunk and cost just about the same. The shaker is just cleaner.

I have the shaker 1000 in mine...it's at best OK for large bass. For the first week, I thought it sounded great because my old stang didn't have any subs. Now, after I have listened to it for over a week now...I would have to say that it is weak for the price.

Some types of bass sound really good and hit hard, but most of the time it is all distorted and doesn't feel right. I have fooled with the settings quite a bit to get it to sound ok.

That's my 2 cents.

cleveland_c4 said:
Just because it hits "hard" doesnt mean it sounds good. I just want to know if the shaker 1000 sounds clean with some large amount of bass punch. In my expereince $122? never bought anything good when it came to a decent car audio system. I think I could build a pretty good sounding system but it would take up a lot more room in the trunk and cost just about the same. The shaker is just cleaner.

sorry I have a messed up keyboard (broke my wireless one) I meant to say $1220. And when i mean hit's hard I also mean cyrstal clear. I have 4 5x7 and 4 tweeter components in the cabin and the 2 10 inch solobaric l7's. not nearly powered as much as they could be. They had a really tight bass punch, no mud, the highs are so clear. Now that the subs blew my system doesn't have bass though. Stupid dealer that I can't proove it's their fault.

As for room, maybe with the new 05 you guys have more room, but not my year. I am going to custom fiberglass the subs and amps along the rear wheel wells and have 80% trunk space.

But it can be a hassle and maybe doing this isn't for everyone. But it's damn nice to have the mp3 player, is the mach 1000 an mp3 player or 6 disk?

I forgot to add, later I am fiberglassing a 7inch touch screen into my dash and putting a computer in the car. I will have all the music i could want. Now that's totally unneccesary, but it will be really nice in the end. Longtubes get installed first though.

As a Mach 1000 owner, I will say that it is more than enough for 90% of the people out there. It is very clean sounding with a good amount of bass to shake your a**. Last thing I want is some swap meet, ghetto sounding, excessive trunk rattling system when I'm going down the street. Also would not want to destroy the beautiful dash and trunk area when I dont have to. The warranty is good to have also. That being said, I am going to test drive the 05 tomorrow (sorry dealer finally got one) and will let compare the Mach and the Shaker.

Mr_dcj2001 said:
As a Mach 1000 owner, I will say that it is more than enough for 90% of the people out there. It is very clean sounding with a good amount of bass to shake your a**. Last thing I want is some swap meet, ghetto sounding, excessive trunk rattling system when I'm going down the street. Also would not want to destroy the beautiful dash and trunk area when I dont have to. The warranty is good to have also. That being said, I am going to test drive the 05 tomorrow (sorry dealer finally got one) and will let compare the Mach and the Shaker.

I agree with you good for 90% of the people, but Kicker is not a ghetto swapmeet quality brand. I have one of the most crystal clear highs I have ever heard. Many other brands have just as good or better.
I was going to rip out the entire interior this winter and lay down kevlar etc and put new subs in and have the PC go in as well. But I won't be in country.
And I am going to custom fiberglass the trunk so no destroying the trunk. I think the setup of the mach 1000 in the 99-04 is horrible, wtf amp racks in the middle of the trunk? I perfer to have bass bore through me if I am going to pay $1200 :p But Like you said good for 90%, I am one of the 10% who need more :D

I'd just assume pass on spending $1300 on the Shaker. I've built a kick-@$$ Alpine system with dual 12" subs for right around $800 ($2000 retail). YOu just have to hunt around the 'net to find the deals!

The left over $500 would be better spent on performance mods!

yeah i spent $1500 on a $3600 system. But like mr dcj and i have discussed, some people don't want to go through the effort. Hell I had ford mess up my system after my crash, now I have to go buy new subs. 90% of the people do not want to go through complications to get awesome sound, they will settle for above average w/o complications

BlackArtemis said:
yeah i spent $1500 on a $3600 system. But like mr dcj and i have discussed, some people don't want to go through the effort. Hell I had ford mess up my system after my crash, now I have to go buy new subs. 90% of the people do not want to go through complications to get awesome sound, they will settle for above average w/o complications
Word.

Mr_dcj2001 said:
:stupid: The thing i like is i dont have to mess around with stereo stuff any more...did enough of that back in the day.....while am/fm doesnt sound all that great.....most cd's do sound awesome with little or no distortion...i ordered my car in sept o1 with the mach 1000 and have not regretted doing so...are there better systems out there...Im sure there are, but for me it more than does the job...and while im at it....anyone have satellite radio hooked up to one yet???? :D

allutz said:
:stupid: The thing i like is i dont have to mess around with stereo stuff any more...did enough of that back in the day.....while am/fm doesnt sound all that great.....most cd's do sound awesome with little or no distortion...i ordered my car in sept o1 with the mach 1000 and have not regretted doing so...are there better systems out there...Im sure there are, but for me it more than does the job...and while im at it....anyone have satellite radio hooked up to one yet???? :D
Actually just picked up my 04 and I am looking into the Sirius hookup. Maybe for Christmas?(wifey says maybe). I'm not really to familiar with Satellite radio however. I think the reciever is hooked up to get Sirius(which I wouldn't mind so I can listen to Stern) but XM, is a little cheaper and I think they have better channels(I like sports talk). So, we shall see.