sheetmetal valve covers

Ok so I'm about to place my order for the final parts I need for the heads/intake, LT's, etc... build and I find myself pondering a new set of valve covers while I'm in there.

I really like the fabricated sheetmetal look, sort of like what Tom has on his car. I'm not sure about a few things though. Do they make them that will clear the upper intake without a spacer, what about the alternator? Also I noticed they don't have the oil fill neck, or a place to run the breather tube to the intake tube, what do you do about that? There are some nice deals on eBay (which I think Tom said he got his from eBay), but I don't wanna buy a set and have to mod them or do any other mods to get them to fit.

• Sponsors (?)

Your out of luck. I researched this about a month ago and came up with nothing. All of the ones on ebay (there are two different types on there, look at the head to valve cover flange and you'll see what I mean) are at least 3.5" high, and even with my 3/8" spacer they would not clear. Moroso is the only company that makes a 94-95 specific sheetmetal VC and they want close to $400 for it, which is INSANE!

Dan.... Toms set up is actually one of the reasons he can use those covers. His lower intake is a carb intake and has a little more rise than the typical EFI lower, which alows him to run those covers without a spacer. The other reason is his ALT has been relocated to make room for his blower so the ALT interferance dosn't come into play for him. I like Paul have looked for countless hours for a set that would work without modifications and have come up empty handed. Good luck on the search and let me know what you find as Im still interested in a new set.

I will probably just keep the stockers then, mine are already powdercoated silver with the "cobra" lettering highlighted in red so they look nice, I was just thinking about switching things up a little.

It seems like alot of trouble to get them to work, and $400 is completely ridiculous as already mentioned :eek:

Yeah, I was going to say that Moroso has them but they are expensive. I think I found one other place that was making them (can't remember who but maybe check canton) but they were priced just as high.

BTW Rich is right in his comments about my vc's but thats not to say I didn't have to still modify them any way. Because of where my supercharger is and and 4" inlet, I actuall had to notch the passenger side vc and have them rewelded. I also had to do quick a bit of modifing to the TB to get that to clear. The main thing was that the throttle cable on a fox TB pulls from the bottom of the throttle bracket (thingy,LOL) and I had to set my throttle cable up to pull from the top side of the bracket, thus giving me just enough room between the VC and the TB. I can show you what I mean when I see you at Carlisle.

Your out of luck. I researched this about a month ago and came up with nothing. All of the ones on ebay (there are two different types on there, look at the head to valve cover flange and you'll see what I mean) are at least 3.5" high, and even with my 3/8" spacer they would not clear. Moroso is the only company that makes a 94-95 specific sheetmetal VC and they want close to $400 for it, which is INSANE!

Kinda like Meziere makes the only electric waterpump for our car and its like 4-500$

Gotta love these 94-95s :jaw: