Shift boot clips, anyone know the size off hand?

rednotch

Founding Member
Aug 14, 2000
south jersey
  • Sponsors (?)

Yeah I was just going to take one to depo or lowes and match them up next time I'm near one we don't have any decent hardware stores left.... Those are sized by number so diameter to screw size becomes a Google fest lol figured some one might know off hand since so many of us have stupid fox stuff memorized lol.. I always reused them but the drake stuff I got from holleys sale didn't include them with the boots or bezels, figured I'd match them up now, buy a 100 pack and just keep it all in one tote. I got way too much stuff scattered around from all the deliveries. The damn black heart swap exhaust kit boxes are massive, I got to tip my ups guy next time I see him lol. I don't think I will need to buy any interior resto stuff besides dye for the next decade.

Reactions: 1 user
Was putting off putting a new lower shifter boot on so I did that this morning and got you some measurements:

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

Hope those help. I think I may have hooked the clip when I was checking the stud diameter so I am going to measure that again.

Reactions: 1 users
These clips are kinda, but certainly not exactly, close.

Here are the comparative dimensions....

Length - .589 measured vs .50 push nut drawing
Width - .332 measured vs .31 push nut drawing
Mounting Post - .143 measured vs .138 (#6 screw diameter)

Reactions: 1 users
McMaster link needs needs a login to see, they push nuts? The round ones. Those would work too. I threw one in my daily just haven't swung by a store yet. If #6 is .138, should be easy to find a few that will work.

That's odd.... it shouldn't need a log-in. Dunno? :shrug:

Yea, they're the rectangular push nuts, very similar to OE ones. The minor differences in outside dimensions shouldn't matter, just don't know for sure about the stud vs mounting "hole" size. Probably would work, I think.

Try just going to the McMaster-Carr website and search for part # 90528A111. See if that works.

Price is cheap enough for 100 pieces, but shipping will increase the price 1-1/2 or 2 times maybe. Still be cheap for 100 pcs tho, imo,..... but now you got 96 extras! You may be able to find some locally where you wouldn't have to buy a quantity of them tho. My local Ace Hardware has a really wide selection of all sorts of misc hardware.

Reactions: 1 user
That's odd.... it shouldn't need a log-in. Dunno? :shrug:

Yea, they're the rectangular push nuts, very similar to OE ones. The minor differences in outside dimensions shouldn't matter, just don't know for sure about the stud vs mounting "hole" size. Probably would work, I think.

Try just going to the McMaster-Carr website and search for part # 90528A111. See if that works.

Price is cheap enough for 100 pieces, but shipping will increase the price 1-1/2 or 2 times maybe. Still be cheap for 100 pcs tho, imo,..... but now you got 96 extras! You may be able to find some locally where you wouldn't have to buy a quantity of them tho. My local Ace Hardware has a really wide selection of all sorts of misc hardware.
Extras? Uhh. I guess I should post my Holley clearance haul. I have enough shift boots & bezels to last a decade of me buying beater fox bodies lol.

Sounds like a hundred of them would fit right in with your boot & bezel stash then. :nice:

Yea, I grabbed a few things from that Holley sale also. Some things I didn't know I needed (or even wanted) until I saw the prices on them. Couldn't pass them up. I appreciate your publicizing it in The Rant Thread.

Last edited:
Not surprisingly, there is actually quite a bit of interesting stuff that can be gleaned from what is found in one's trash. Or so I've been told, or seen on tv, or something.... nvm. Forget I said anything.