Progress Thread Shoomakan's Intro & Build Thread

I'll put some part numbers for brackets and pullies together when I get into my shop later today. As far as the head unit you have goes, is it straight discharge or curved discharge? I also want to verify that it is standard rotation and not reverse. Do you have the serial number handy by chance?

Indeed I do. As per the blue Vortech stamp on the head unit:

Model # V-3
Serial # 54206

The unit came off of a 2011 Camaro L99. Head unit has less than 5,000 miles on it. Owner decided to go for a V7. :)

Thanks for the help. Please let me know if you need any more pictures or information.

11060291_10153369522837668_7819596922018113421_n.jpg
11200630_10153369522547668_7597764415742609429_n.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Question for the experienced masses:

This car will be used in hillclimbs where top speed will not exceed 120kph, and on auto-x circuits where top speed won't exceed 70kph.

Knowing this, would you install the V3 on an otherwise stock 302, or would you install an Explorer with the appropriate mid range cam?

My purposes for this car are not high speeds. I just want it to be decently quick and have good throttle response.

Here's a video of my 540i Touring on one of the hillclimbs I participate in every year. I want you to get a feel for what I need and tell me if I'm on the right path.

A little info: this car makes 282 horses to the wheels, and weighed in at 1510kg. You can clearly tell where it suffers in low RPM in 2nd gear exiting most/all of the corners. Making peak torque at 4800rpm is killing me. :(

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F2b0BLuV2A

That's one of the faster and less technical courses, and the maximum speed I achieved there was 105kph. The fastest I've ever gone in a hillclimb is 120kph, and only for a second before hard braking again.

I know there's alot to do to the Fox, suspension wise, to get it to handle banked corners and elevated corners like my BMW does. Eventually, I will install the appropriate suspension components. I have my poly bushings, Bilstein shocks, and springs already here, along with the rollcage, subframe connectors, and torque boxes. I figure that's good enough to start with.

@84Ttop , I'd love to hear your input on this as well. Again, thanks for all the help you've provided so far. Cheers.

Also, please forgive that vulgar person at the start. I was so bothered by the lack of professionalism I actually complained to race management after the race. He was on his phone and smoking cigarettes at the start line the whole time. :/

Very cool video! Looks like a blast. I puckered up a couple times looking at those drop offs, haha! I live in flat land, unfortunately not many good roads like that around here.

Very cool video! Looks like a blast. I puckered up a couple times looking at those drop offs, haha! I live in flat land, unfortunately not many good roads like that around here.

I participated in my Audi this year. On my first run, I actually drove by a competitor whose car landed into the ditch on the right side of that narrow bridge.

Here's one of my friends, a professional, taking his VAC equipped E46 M3 up another road. It's tons of fun, but scary. Lebanese asphalt leaves much to be desired, I'm sure you can tell how slippery it is from the gleam of the asphalt itself.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO6iRLlEAp0

Tons of fun, though. Really. Fear of imminent death and all. :p

Anyways, back to topic! :D

Well that is just Bad @ss... Now I want to go find a series of hills to go rip my 2015 around:cool:

As far as supercharging the stock motor, that will get things done but I feel like it will still leave some performance to be desired. The explorer motor with better heads and intake as compared to the stock mustang motor will surely help. The stock mustang cam will actually work very well in the explorer motor with the blower or you could have a cam built for this at a minimal cost as well. Obviously you will stand more to gain with a cam purpose built for this application and to be honest I'm the wrong guy to recommend a cam for this one, drag race stuff... I'm all over it, road course/autoX not my forte.

Just curious, how long do the events usually transpire across? The only concern that I can see as far as the blower goes is the self contained oil, most of the times autoX cars and road course cars will use a V2 or V7 gear case that is fed with engine oil to keep the blower case cooler. Providing that the events are not hours at a time with back to back runs you will be fine, just expect to change the blower oil slightly more often.

That is super cool and my idea of racing, Thanks for sharing!!

My BMW Magazine came yesterday and there was an article about "fun" European roads, it featured Stelvio pass in Italy and I was wishing I could take a run at it.
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 84206 AM.jpg

Well that is just Bad @ss... Now I want to go find a series of hills to go rip my 2015 around:cool:

As far as supercharging the stock motor, that will get things done but I feel like it will still leave some performance to be desired. The explorer motor with better heads and intake as compared to the stock mustang motor will surely help. The stock mustang cam will actually work very well in the explorer motor with the blower or you could have a cam built for this at a minimal cost as well. Obviously you will stand more to gain with a cam purpose built for this application and to be honest I'm the wrong guy to recommend a cam for this one, drag race stuff... I'm all over it, road course/autoX not my forte.

Just curious, how long do the events usually transpire across? The only concern that I can see as far as the blower goes is the self contained oil, most of the times autoX cars and road course cars will use a V2 or V7 gear case that is fed with engine oil to keep the blower case cooler. Providing that the events are not hours at a time with back to back runs you will be fine, just expect to change the blower oil slightly more often.

Fair enough. My position is shifting slightly in that case, to be honest. Keep the supercharger at bay until my Explorer set up is running well. It's a good take on things, imo.

As for duration... Longest run I've had was 1:46 seconds (or thereabouts) on another road. There's usually at least an hour rest between runs as we are usually over 30 cars (sometimes 50!). I once had to wait 4.5 hours between my first and second run... First run was at noon, second was at sunset. :D

Fair enough. My position is shifting slightly in that case, to be honest. Keep the supercharger at bay until my Explorer set up is running well. It's a good take on things, imo.

As for duration... Longest run I've had was 1:46 seconds (or thereabouts) on another road. There's usually at least an hour rest between runs as we are usually over 30 cars (sometimes 50!). I once had to wait 4.5 hours between my first and second run... First run was at noon, second was at sunset. :D
No worries about oil temp for the blower then, I was thinking more along the road course sessions that I've run. They can be upwards of 30 minutes thrashing the crap out of the car with minimal time between sessions if it isn't too crowded, hence the V7JT trim on my 2015 ;)