Short Shifters - Difference In Height Vs. Stock

twogts4us

15 Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
Dunedin, FL
I'm looking at purchasing a RedLine custom Shift Boot and one of the options they offer is a custom height. On the Order Form they ask: "Shift Boot Resize (Add $9)" - with options ranging from 1" shorter to 4" shorter, with several incremental choices in between (1.2", 1.5", 1.8", 2.0", 2.2", 2.5", 3.0". 3.5", 4.0" - all shorter (they also maker taller than stock, with several options as well)).

I'm currently using a Pro 5.0 Shifter and Pro 5.0 handle - does anyone know the height difference between this shifter/handle and the OEM shifter/handle.

BTW, I tried to use Pro 5.0's website to find the answer to this question, but it's currently under construction.

Thanks!
Chris

• Sponsors (?)

My email to Pro 5.0:

"Hi - I own a 2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1, with a Tremec TR-3650 transmission, and a Pro-5.0 shifter and shift handle. I am purchasing a RedLine Accessories (http://www.redlinegoods.com/shiftboot.php) shift boot. They offer resizing to better fit aftermarket shifters - with options ranging from 1" shorter to 4" shorter. There are several incremental choices in between (1.2", 1.5", 1.8", 2.0", 2.2", 2.5", 3.0". 3.5", 4.0" - all shorter (they also maker taller than stock, with several options as well)). Do you know how much shorter your shifter is versus the OEM shifter for my car? Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated."
Their response:
"Im not sure. call Bob Hanlon at Hanlon Motorsports he does all our special fits."
My reaction:
WTF??? :scratch::shrug: What is the 'special fit' aspect of my question? I'm simply asking how much lower is their shifter vs. the OEM Mustang shifter.
I always loved the Pro 5.0 shifter, but this type of customer service is pretty sad. That said, please folks, we don't need any "MGW FTW" posts here...
I did forward the email to Bob Hanlon...we'll see what he might be able to tell me.

Thanks Josh - yeah I'd probably be safe if I selected 2", maybe 2.5"...but it sure would be nice to know exactly how much shorter it is. I just can't believe Pro 5.0 said, "Im (sic) not sure"...unbelievable.